A&H

Ref Off Blog - Welcome to REF OFF

I have been playing and watching football for as long as I can remember – I am a fan, not only of the team I support (I think referees are allowed to support a team), but of the game in general. Appreciative of what the sport offers, I completely understand why millions of people across the globe give up their time every week to either play or watch the beautiful game. But why are we constantly hearing that there aren’t enough referees – surely everyone wants to give it a go? Don’t they?
On the 18th January 2012 I took the plunge and started an FA referee’s training course. This is my story about swapping goalscoring glory for a book, cards and whistle. A no frills journey about becoming a fully qualified referee. A bit about what football means to me, rules of the game you thought you knew, refereeing news and an insiders view of the games I take charge of – including the trouble and adventures it gets me into…any comments, are of course, most welcome – unless you call me a ****er. Captains please…

b.gif

Continue reading...

The Referee Store
Back