A&H

Reds, v Cityzens

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's funny that people think that club's like Watford would be happy for PGMOL to tell referees to give more penalties to Liverpool (as an example) knowing that it would disadvantage their team with potentially huge financial ramifications.
Has anyone said this happens? I've no clue why you've made that quantum leap. Presumably because of the unrelated cartoon posted earlier as a joke

Last edited:
The Referee Store
Going back to the original point about handballs, etc., doesn't anyone tell players to play to the whistle anymore? If, instead of running around hitting their arms, the MC players closed down the ball, that ends up as a GK, a corner or a FK in all probability.

I didn't say that and anyone of that ilk would be a moron
I didn't say you did, but sheffields_finest seems to be happy to believe that PGMOL are giving their referees instructions like lying on incident reports etc.

PGMOL is funded in part by the Premier League, the Premier League is jointly owned by its 20 member clubs. I find it hard to believe that PGMOL would secretly tell referees to do things which would disadvantage some teams knowing the ****storm that would ensue if the club's found out, or that all professional club's in England (the EFL also funds PGMOL) have knowingly agreed to PGMOL doing things which will disadvantage them potentially resulting in relegation and the loss of millions of pounds worth of revenue.

It's like some people will believe the wildest conspiracy theory based on nothing other than a single tweet and a couple of lines in a book simply because they don't like anyone in a position of authority when it comes to refereeing.

I didn't say you did, but sheffields_finest seems to be happy to believe that PGMOL are giving their referees instructions like lying on incident reports etc.

PGMOL is funded in part by the Premier League, the Premier League is jointly owned by its 20 member clubs. I find it hard to believe that PGMOL would secretly tell referees to do things which would disadvantage some teams knowing the ****storm that would ensue if the club's found out, or that all professional club's in England (the EFL also funds PGMOL) have knowingly agreed to PGMOL doing things which will disadvantage them potentially resulting in relegation and the loss of millions of pounds worth of revenue.

It's like some people will believe the wildest conspiracy theory based on nothing other than a single tweet and a couple of lines in a book simply because they don't like anyone in a position of authority when it comes to refereeing.
Oh, someone got out of bed on the wrong side today! But what if he’s not lying? 1573652637161.png

To clarify, I'm not overly interested in the MH article, because it could be entirely nonsense in isolation.

Whilst I'm OFR's biggest critic, it nonetheless staggers me that PGMOL can blatantly shun it. The more I learn about football's governance, the more shambolic it appears

To clarify, I'm not overly interested in the MH article, because it could be entirely nonsense in isolation.

Whilst I'm OFR's biggest critic, it nonetheless staggers me that PGMOL can blatantly shun it. The more I learn about football's governance, the more shambolic it appears
But they haven't shunned it, at least not officially.

I believe the facilities for OFR are available at each match, so there is nothing stopping the referees from using them.

And they haven't said categorically that referees can't use it.

As far as I can tell they aren't in direct contravention of the laws of the game or the VAR protocol.

It's a technicality, but an important one, IFAB can't force referees to use OFR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back