Red - Yellow - No Card

• Red

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • Yellow

Votes: 20 51.3%
  • No Card

Votes: 16 41.0%

• Total voters
I can accept no card. And yes the ball is there to be played. But he doesnt win it or play it. This is one of those "50/50s that can go either way" when in reality its not actually a 5050 its more a 5248 so he ends up being late and fouling.

Spot on, only one gets the ball, yellow
Fact remains, black fouls yellow, even if it is by grazing his shoelaces
You need to call a foul here, a nothing foul, for no other reason than if you dont, your setting your stall out saying, go in with feet raised, its ok.

The Referee Store
I am somewhat surprised an a little concerned that half those who voted see this as no card. Yes you don't use slow mo for intensity and speed of the tackle but you can use it for point of contact.

1550580360359.png

Yellow player gets the ball. Black player gets the ankle of the yellow player with the studs. Point of contact facts. That has got to be yellow.

I am somewhat surprised an a little concerned that half those who voted see this as no card. Yes you don't use slow mo for intensity and speed of the tackle but you can use it for point of contact.

View attachment 3115

Yellow player gets the ball. Black player gets the ankle of the yellow player with the studs. Point of contact facts. That has got to be yellow.
Play on, apparently!!!!

Its not a no contact sport
It is a contact sport, not all contact is a foul
Without seeing the incident in real time, I'd reserve judgement. As usual, I'm leaning towards agreeing with those who are saying 'no card'
If anything, I don't see it as reckless, but a case could be made for PIADM with contact; which I equate to yellow
I don't have a strong feeling either way, especially on account of the debate being held over another slo-motion

It isn't about being a contact or no contact sport, one player there has a straight leg and studs showing at waste height. I can buy no red card, I could just about at a push support no caution, but it is at an absolute minimum a foul. As I've said a few times recently, we aren't in the 1980s any more ..!

That said, real time that would be incredibly difficult to make the right call.

It isn't about being a contact or no contact sport, one player there has a straight leg and studs showing at waste height. I can buy no red card, I could just about at a push support no caution, but it is at an absolute minimum a foul. As I've said a few times recently, we aren't in the 1980s any more ..!

I agree, but no call is also an option here, I guarantee most players will see this as play on. A few would see a foul, hardly any would see any red... stop looking for stuff that isn’t that bad!

I agree, but no call is also an option here, I guarantee most players will see this as play on. A few would see a foul, hardly any would see any red... stop looking for stuff that isn’t that bad!

There is a foul tho!
One has kicked the ball, the other has kicked the guy who kicked the ball!!

I've consistently said that I want to be confident when issuing a card
This approach has worked well for me over my first two years. Likely in real time, this 'coming-together' falls into the doubt category, so the ink in my pen would not be depleted and football would get what it expects; a foul
And there's a good chance I'd get marked down for it, but hey ho

So does the other fella.

For me the fact that both players are committing similar offences (granted one makes contact) is why im letting it go. if you wave play on there i dont think you're getting many complaints, you would get more complaints if you stopped it.

So does the other fella.

For me the fact that both players are committing similar offences (granted one makes contact) is why im letting it go. if you wave play on there i dont think you're getting many complaints, you would get more complaints if you stopped it.

Yes, but his leg is bent and his studs are pointing down not towards the opponent. Chalk and cheese there.

By chance? I'd assert that neither player would have premeditated their foot position
Why not? There are safe and unsafe ways to tackle at ground level or sliding, why can we not also accept that there are more and less safe ways to tackle at hip height as well?

Back