Red - Yellow - No Card

• Red

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • Yellow

Votes: 20 51.3%
  • No Card

Votes: 16 41.0%

• Total voters
IMO yellow would be ok since black jersey comes in a bit more reckless and with more power and he is seeing what yellow player is about to do (this is totally subjective of course). However I also think both players are committing some sort of recklessness. Yellow jersey eyes on the ball and he has zero concern what is and might be around him and raises hit foot up... so if the black jersey came in with his head and still assume yellow got the ball a milisecond prior to black and head vs foot collusion occurred? We would blame the yellow player then and a minimum yellow card would be in place.

Two players go for a ball with their heads and their heads collide...regardless of who got the ball, we do not even give a foul. Some tackles will have incidental contact and we really have never seen double yellows or a bounce ball etc...

I do not buy the studs showing argument. Studs will show in certain tackles and it should not automate a card because so many questions have to be answered.

And by the way...on the field this was a foul only, no card of any color.

Last edited:
The Referee Store
Not saying its a reason to give or not give a decision but you will get less players complaining if you let that go than if you pull it up for a foul.
You'll also see more players seriously hurt by allowing such foul contact to go unpunished.

You'll also see more players seriously hurt by allowing such foul contact to go unpunished.
I remember during a referee conference, speaker was talking about orange cards... meaning yellow and a stern warning (and kick him out first chance you get). These types of tackles remind me that... in this case warning would be for both players though...

next time i will put the orange option in the poll :) I kinda assumed (my mistake) most would agree with yellow or no card in this case.
I guess a tongue in cheek smiley would have worked in my question which was referring to the other thread :) . Referees don't have an orange option. You have to make a decision one way or other.

I guess a tongue in cheek smiley would have worked in my question which was referring to the other thread :) . Referees don't have an orange option. You have to make a decision one way or other.
of course... Like Richard Dawson (my post #26) was explaining, lot's of factors to consider and like you are saying, decision has to be one or the other "available" option. I am just reiterating that Referee can communicate in such a way to fill in the gaps when a "gray" area comes up.

I think you could justify either yellow or red to black.

Red for the straight leg, studs up action. Also, his jump, which puts him well out of control of any further movement. Yes, he didn't do any damage this time, but that's beside the point.

But I do understand the desire to only punish it with a caution here. And probably a few years ago it would be a free-kick and nothing more, or just play on.

Don't believe this one! If it weren't for the contact both would be guilty of PIADM. Not reckless at all, the ball was there to be played......

When did football become a non contact sport? I missed the e-mail?? 🤔
Its not a no contact sport. How many balls do you try and kick with the bottom of your foot with the ball moving away from you?
If he gets to the ball, makes no contact, (in this case) I think I might let this go but as it is his action doesnt suggest he is making a proper attempt to play the ball.

Don't believe this one! If it weren't for the contact both would be guilty of PIADM. Not reckless at all, the ball was there to be played......
I can accept no card. And yes the ball is there to be played. But he doesnt win it or play it. This is one of those "50/50s that can go either way" when in reality its not actually a 5050 its more a 5248 so he ends up being late and fouling.

Back