Votes: 3 7.7%
  • Yellow

Votes: 20 51.3%
  • No Card

Votes: 16 41.0%

• Total voters
The Referee Store
Need to see it full speed to make a judgement
sorry this is all i got, but i agree, full speed is important to see. This also makes me wonder when VAR referees watch, how they consider the full speed replay vs slow motion... i guess that might depend on the situation on hand.

sorry this is all i got, but i agree, full speed is important to see. This also makes me wonder when VAR referees watch, how they consider the full speed replay vs slow motion... i guess that might depend on the situation on hand.
VAR is not supposed to use slo-mo's for this sort of stuff, but it wouldn't surprise me if they routinely do

Reactions: one
VAR is not supposed to use slo-mo's for this sort of stuff, but it wouldn't surprise me if they routinely do
They are allowed to use slow mo to judge the point of contact. All other considerations should be at full speed.

My honest decision based on what I saw.....free kick to yellow. No card
Show me it 10 times and talk me into a red, from other angles etc and am sure all three decisions can be justified.
Here is why am saying simply foul, both players foots are exact same height, same angle and players are entirely focussed on the ball, there is no speed in the challenge, its not out of control, its a legal effort for a ball which he is entitled to challenge for, and its not challenge without regard for opponents safety.
Yellow player gets to ball a millisecond before the other and their shoelaces collideC20B57EE-51DF-40A3-93A9-3F55828634DA.png

I know slo-mo etc hasn't helped to give a good judgement, but both feet are at the same height, both playing in a dangerous manner surely. Is it a free kick to both sides?

The player in yellow is leading with the top of his foot, while the player in black leads with his studs and almost has his leg fully straightened. Coupled with the fact he got there late as well, I'm certainly comfortable with the idea that he's committed more of an offence than the player in yellow. I'm inclined to say yellow feels about right, although I wouldn't have a huge problem with no card either.

First view I'm giving nothing as view obscured. Second angle, yellow to blue. Went in recklessly studs first. Yellow went in with instep and got ball.

Red card to black.

Looks like a kung foo kick to me, essentially.

Don't all shoot me, I'm still learning 🙄

Black 88 committing a reckless foul on his opponent. Late. Missed the ball. Catches opponent on top of foot with studs. @Viking post #9 describes what happens perfectly.

Back