A&H

REA vs BC

The Referee Store
Not fair, there isn't a yellow card emote!

I'm not changing my opinion to be honest. It's not dangerous by the time he reaches the opponent, it's not particularly forceful and 2 footed challenge doesn't automatically mean a red card. It just doesn't meet the criteria.

At normal speed and with a good angle /close to the play, for me I'd be going red, otherwise strong yellow if I'm not 100% sure how bad the tackle is, and I'm further away /bad angle.

Not fair, there isn't a yellow card emote!

I'm not changing my opinion to be honest. It's not dangerous by the time he reaches the opponent, it's not particularly forceful and 2 footed challenge doesn't automatically mean a red card. It just doesn't meet the criteria.
Not particularly forceful? He's sprinted 15 yards into it!

Whilst I still think the second red is a touch harsh, I 100% think the first has to be a red. Once I see someone leave the ground like that with both feet he has got to completely miss the opponent(s) to stay on the pitch. If there is any contact, or the opponent has to take evasive action as was the case here, he is walking. Once he comes off the floor like that he is a totally out of control missile, and it is only quick thinking by the opponent that has prevented a potentially very serious injury. It still used excessive force and endangered the opponent, and I strongly suspect the referee will have been given an incorrect KMD for that one.

Whilst I still think the second red is a touch harsh, I 100% think the first has to be a red. Once I see someone leave the ground like that with both feet he has got to completely miss the opponent(s) to stay on the pitch. If there is any contact, or the opponent has to take evasive action as was the case here, he is walking. Once he comes off the floor like that he is a totally out of control missile, and it is only quick thinking by the opponent that has prevented a potentially very serious injury. It still used excessive force and endangered the opponent, and I strongly suspect the referee will have been given an incorrect KMD for that one.
Just shows how slow motion is almost always misleading. I think I sped the slo-mo up in my mind to consider it a red
Besides, the game expected red, that was evident by the reactions on the FOP (ignoring the commentators)

Back