A&H

QPR v WBA

Err, I asked "have you even watched the clip". You replied "No". I have read your post, I haven't insulted you, certainly no more than you have had digs at others recently.

my whole paragraph is about the serious foul play tackle in that incident filled low league game a few weeks ago,
it is that tackle the player am on about being unhurt and bouncing back up
using that example of why we dont judge our sanctions on outcome.

calling me " classy," wrongly thinking i was passing comment on a clip nowhere have I said I have seen is fine, aa long as thats the marker for all posters to follow

hopefully we can go back to footballing matters.

The Referee Store
Having watched the clip several times (and fully recognizing a possible bias as a US fan and Dike being an American), this has to be some sort of misconduct. In the heat of the moment, I'm sure I would go yellow, but red is easily defensible here. What I don't think is defensible is no misconduct (even if QPR really didn't get up in arms about it).

I think this was a case of Dike being too overexuberant and his size and strength taking over. It was his first game for WBA after coming back to the Championship. I don't think he was taking a real run at the guy, but that doesn't excuse what he did or the punishment that he should have received for this.

I actually had a play similar to this in a game I worked this fall. Happened in front of one of the benches. I went second yellow without a moment's hesitation and sent the kid off as he was already on a yellow for a late challenge earlier in the half. So based on that experience (particularly since I didn't even think twice about issuing a 2nd caution), I'm definitely issuing some sort of misconduct here.

Back