A&H

QPR v Sheff Weds

The Referee Store
Verdict on the night was play on, no foul!

As a QPR fan, I was mightily relieved.

Red card my call, but can see the case for a yellow but no foul surprised me I have to say!

The guy dislocated his shoulder and had to be carried off after 10' delay.

Verdict on the night was play on, no foul!

As a QPR fan, I was mightily relieved.

Red card my call, but can see the case for a yellow but no foul surprised me I have to say!

The guy dislocated his shoulder and had to be carried off after 10' delay.
Real-time, it may have looked as though the defender got a bit of the ball, particularly as the incident was a 'breakaway' (of sorts), do the referee would have been a way away.
Easy business this refereeing from YouTube.

Once you have decided it is a foul (easier from youtube indeed) this 100% would have to be DOGSO. How much clearer could an OGSO be?

Reckless. Ball is running away from the player, not direct at goal, not OGSO. Yellow
How do you figure that? Ball is on the left hand side of the goal, and was moved into the centre. Sure, it might be more to the touch line than the goal, but it's still moving sorta closer. 'towards goal' shouldn't be a literal interpretation of 'in a line directly towards the spot between the goalposts'.

Also disagree about the ball running away - it was only going to be about 5 yards away from him when he caught it as it was already slowing down and he was moving faster than the ball, and the other defender had zero chance of getting it first.

Easy red card for DOGSO - failing that, YC for reckless. I'd accept a dive before I accept no decision here!!!!

Real-time, it may have looked as though the defender got a bit of the ball, particularly as the incident was a 'breakaway' (of sorts), do the referee would have been a way away.
Easy business this refereeing from YouTube.

To be fair I was refereeing from the stand - level with incident clear view;)

In real time from my elevated position it looked a red card.

Referee was a little closer than AR and incident little bit further from AR than the "credibility zone" I would say.

Yes agree with you, ref must have thought, defender got ball first before attacker came flying in.

That's what Rob Green said in interview afterwards, but that's not a totally impartial view from him obviously!

Back