A&H

Promotion scheme

The Referee Store
It’s not difficult to do 40 games , it’s difficult to do extra 10 lines as it’s 50 games in total now
Is that correct?

At one of our promotion evenings, we were shown a presentation with a few slides and 2 of them were the criteria for 7-6 and 6-5.

Only 6-5 had 5 lines required on it.

Some CFA's have always recommended including lines on the 7-6, but as far as I know those have never been mandatory until 6-5.

Some CFA's have always recommended including lines on the 7-6, but as far as I know those have never been mandatory until 6-5.
Graeme is correct - mandatory at 6 to 5. The FA rules are clear - interesting that some CFA's seem to be ignoring them, e. g. number of Under-18 games which count.

Is that correct?

At one of our promotion evenings, we were shown a presentation with a few slides and 2 of them were the criteria for 7-6 and 6-5.

Only 6-5 had 5 lines required on it.
In order to get Level 5, yes, that’s correct, but if you want to progress below Level 5, you need 10 lines.

It’s not difficult to do 40 games , it’s difficult to do extra 10 lines as it’s 50 games in total now
Not sure what it's like in your area, but here in the North West you can run lines as a L7/L6 at Step 6 & Step 5 (North West Counties First & Premier Divisions)

Requirements at that level means all teams must have floodlights and there will be plenty of midweek night fixtures - try and use those to get your lines so you're not losing as many Saturdays where you can be in the middle.

Not sure what it's like in your area, but here in the North West you can run lines as a L7/L6 at Step 6 & Step 5 (North West Counties First & Premier Divisions)

Requirements at that level means all teams must have floodlights and there will be plenty of midweek night fixtures - try and use those to get your lines so you're not losing as many Saturdays where you can be in the middle.
I can find 10 line games, but 30 games in half season are a lot, that’s what I’m trying to say.

I can find 10 line games, but 30 games in half season are a lot, that’s what I’m trying to say.
Well yeah, but you must have known before you applied for the double jump that you're trying to cram a full promotion seasons in to half a season and made the choice to go for it.

That's what you signed up for. And that will have been made clear at the start of the process. It's two promotions in one season and you need to meet the qualifying criteria for both by set times during the process

if you're really really keen then it's still doable. depending on where you are you'd be able to do 3 qualifying games a weekend and at least 1 possibly up to 3 more midweek.

there's womens football (generally sunday afternoons), county youth leagues (U18 and U23) midweek in addition to the normal league midweek games that will occur as we move closer to summer

if you want it, i bet the games you need are available, but at the end of the day, if you dont get it there's very little harm done. you'll just do it next season instead and have a year extra experience under your belt before you go 5-4 which cant be a bad thing

16 of the 20 actually, but you're right that picking up the allowable U18 games would be a good start. Women's Open Age also counts so might also be some Sunday afternoon games to top things up
Its 70%, which unles my maths have failed me is 14 games.

if you're really really keen then it's still doable. depending on where you are you'd be able to do 3 qualifying games a weekend and at least 1 possibly up to 3 more midweek.

there's womens football (generally sunday afternoons), county youth leagues (U18 and U23) midweek in addition to the normal league midweek games that will occur as we move closer to summer

if you want it, i bet the games you need are available, but at the end of the day, if you dont get it there's very little harm done. you'll just do it next season instead and have a year extra experience under your belt before you go 5-4 which cant be a bad thing
I think that’s a lot, but closer to the end , if I still need to do some games, I will try, but closer to the end I doubt I will need middles , I will probably need to do lines

I think that’s a lot, but closer to the end , if I still need to do some games, I will try, but closer to the end I doubt I will need middles , I will probably need to do lines

if i was you i'd get the games in first then look to ease up...you never know, april might be a very wet month so get as many in as you can now

It is definitely 70%, the below is taken directly from the "Regulations for the Control and Registration of Referees" section of the FA Handbook.

Levels 5 and 6
Promotion from Level 6 to Level 5 and Level 7 to Level 6 shall be based on a Referee’s practical performance on the field of play and other criteria as follows:
• Observer reports by Observers on a minimum of three games.
• Club marks from competitions over the age of 16 years over a minimum of 20 games (a minimum of 70% must be in open age competitions) officiated in as a Referee in the marking season.
• A Level 6 Referee wishing to be considered for future promotion to Level 4 must complete at least 5 games as an Assistant Referee.
• Attending at least one promotion in-service training event.
• Successful completion of a written examination as determined by The Association

It is definitely 70%, the below is taken directly from the "Regulations for the Control and Registration of Referees" section of the FA Handbook.

Levels 5 and 6
Promotion from Level 6 to Level 5 and Level 7 to Level 6 shall be based on a Referee’s practical performance on the field of play and other criteria as follows:
• Observer reports by Observers on a minimum of three games.
• Club marks from competitions over the age of 16 years over a minimum of 20 games (a minimum of 70% must be in open age competitions) officiated in as a Referee in the marking season.
• A Level 6 Referee wishing to be considered for future promotion to Level 4 must complete at least 5 games as an Assistant Referee.
• Attending at least one promotion in-service training event.
• Successful completion of a written examination as determined by The Association

I think the confusion arises because this excerpt quotes "club marks"

Back