A&H

Positioning at attacking FK’s that are being crossed into the box?

Incidentally, referring back to my OP.

I had my 5th and final observation at the weekend and decided to revert back to previous positioning rather than where the coaches wanted me. Marks back up to where they were pre-change! 🤷🏻‍♂️

A&H International
Definitely merit in quietly asking the taker what he plans. Some will tell you and some won’t, a quick explanation that you only want to know to make sure you don’t miss anything that might result in a penalty and they’ll usually tell you.
just make sure it’s a quiet word so the defence don’t know!
🗣️"Keeps, he's having a pop. he says top left!"

Why would they know what benefits them vs what doesn't? They might lie just to be awkward - and if they do, it probably benefits the defending team more, so it a bad idea anyway.

If they say they will shoot then you're going to prioritise looking for the HB in the wall, if they say they're going to cross then you'll be looking for an offence in the drop zone. If they lie and put you in the wrong place, the most likely outcome is the defending team gets away with an offence you might otherwise have caught. No need to take any action on the player, aside from not bothering to try and help him out in future!
I'm not sure it would be a case of lying to be awkward, rather if I was the taker I'd be worried about giving away what I was going to do. Not because I'd be worried about the referee blabbing, but rather it could be pretty obvious what I was planning if the opposition saw me speaking to the referee and he then toddled off to look at the defensive line.

I'm not sure it would be a case of lying to be awkward, rather if I was the taker I'd be worried about giving away what I was going to do. Not because I'd be worried about the referee blabbing, but rather it could be pretty obvious what I was planning if the opposition saw me speaking to the referee and he then toddled off to look at the defensive line.
I’ve yet to meet a defender that intelligent!
I spent 15 years playing a reasonable standard in defence and wouldn’t have figured out what was going on!

Back