A&H

Posh v Lincoln

The Referee Store
Posh are my hometown club and it’s embarrassing seeing all of my “mates” on face ache applauding the posh player for doing this.
Should never have been given, one of the worst dives I’ve seen

What I'm thinking may well get me banned from the forum and an FA disrepute charge.

Undefendable

seeing this does make me feel better about my game what a joke
Come on mate. How good do you feel when players call your decisions a joke. Criticise but in a positive way. We are all referees here with plenty of mistakes in our games. :)

Having said that I see nothing there in favour of a foul for Peterborough. If anything it should have gone the other way. I'm afraid the ref was conned into this decision.

Last edited:
I can only assume the referee was unsightly.
Easy to be critical, and yes, they are supposed to be at the top of their trade, but that's a shocker.

I watched without realising which team is which. But DFK to black team it should have been yeah? I'm guessing that's Lincoln by the way things panned out..? (posting this without reading anyones replies..)

EDIT: I wrote blue initially, but I meant black. I just got home from work, forgive me. I had in my head "Free kick against blue team"

Ref won’t be happy watching that when he gets home. Only thing I can think of if he might have thought the posh attacker had his foot caught? Who knows

Absolutely no chance, neither are fouls bit if there is an offence, both are defensive free kicks

Absolutely no chance, neither are fouls bit if there is an offence, both are defensive free kicks
I’m not arguing it’s a good call; but that at least makes sense as a mistake, whereas calling it for when he goes down makes none. I’d love to have a camera angle for what could be seen from the refs angle. Without seeing what he saw,it’s difficult to see how he made the error. (Which is the only 5hing about these types of clips that interest me--I’m not interested in the fact a pro ref made a mistake, I’m interested in understanding how/why he made a mistake so I can improve.)

Back