A&H

Playful High-Jinx or Malicious Intent?

The Referee Store
In theory could you send him off for violent conduct, or would that be too far?
As someone mentioned in another thread, VC *doesnt* denote 'contact' so it could just be their conduct.

Good example would be going to punch someone - and them dodging it.

No contact - but a straight red.

But as per the above discussions, it would be hard to sell - because although I could have had a nasty fall (or could have backwards rolled out of it straight to me feet like a master gymnast... We never know!) its hard to give someone a card on something that *could* have happened.

Its certainly a tough one - but in my eyes now... Its a yellow card minimum.

Quite easy to give a second yellow for unsporting behaviour as he is preventing you from carrying out your duties by attempting to trip you

I know I've come onto this message late.

By the sounds of the OP he shouldn't of been on the pitch by this point anyway. You'd already booked him for dissent, whatever you'd done obviously didn't work because he was still behaving the same.

As for the incident side step for the first 10 meters then walk backwards to get into position don't run.

I'd said up you get mate, and just showed him a nice yellow and red as he got up.

not a lot you could have done with this instance but the next time he even breathed second yellow simples/ i wish there was the being a prat reason for doing a player

Perhaps the way to go would have been to land on him with all your weight on his back.....

Sorry didn't see you there.

Perhaps the way to go would have been to land on him with all your weight on his back.....
Sorry didn't see you there.

I actually had enough time to do so - as he laboured to get up.

...And im not short a few pies, so could have given him a nasty injury.

It would have looked to obvious too... As I would have naturally embellished and turned it into some top rope, WWE style maneuver learnt from my youth.

not a lot you could have done with this instance but the next time he even breathed second yellow simples/ i wish there was the being a prat reason for doing a player

I know we have unsporting, but we really should have something in the book for "Unprofessional" behaviour.

I actually had enough time to do so - as he laboured to get up.

...And im not short a few pies, so could have given him a nasty injury.

It would have looked to obvious too... As I would have naturally embellished and turned it into some top rope, WWE style maneuver learnt from my youth.

I know we have unsporting, but we really should have something in the book for "Unprofessional" behaviour.

That would come under unsporting, bringing the game into disrepute. That covers unprofessional to me

Back