A&H

Players Favourite Sayings #2

The Referee Store
Not a saying but any player making a circular motion with his hands to indicate he "got the ball" really annoys me, especially when coupled with the usual facial expression of innocence/disbelief.

Last week match, keeper/manager of blue team, talking about me to spectator on sideline.
called him over(he has already been booked) and told him to stop.
His bewildered expression... he say to me: What? Can't i talk about you to my assistant manager?.....

Last week match, keeper/manager of blue team, talking about me to spectator on sideline.
called him over(he has already been booked) and told him to stop.
His bewildered expression... he say to me: What? Can't i talk about you to my assistant manager?.....

Have to say, he (sort of) has a point. If not done with the obvious intention of you and others hearing, don't think I would be getting involved in a private conversation of that sort.

If done with the intention of undermining your authority then obviously you need to intervene.

has anyone ever heard of a ref kicking off? (I don't mean as in starting the game) I mean like, just hitting a player/manager that's got abusive towards him?

I know someone's going to post the thing from Scarborough! I know both involved!

The referee once managed a team I was reffing and they were away in Whitby. Offers me a lift which was nice!

He disagrees about the legitimacy of the 9th (ninth) goal they conceded and refused to give me a lift home! Luckily one of the home players lived in Scarborough too and gave me a lift!

Never took anyone up on a lift since!

Basically there was an attacker at the back post on the line and the lad tapped it in at near post and I wouldn't give it off side!

Was all quite amusing to be honest

After the game, after being sent off, and about to miss the next game of the tournament:
Emotionally... "I just want you to know, I'm not that sort of player"

You admitted you kicked out after the ball had gone for the first yellow.
You committed two more tactical fouls that could have seen you booked again.
You rugby tackled an opponent in your own box to give a away a penalty, which I could have interpreted as a sending off offence.
And you then swore at me. I warned you that you would be cautioned if you swore again. You did, and you got your marching orders.

YOU ARE EXACTLY THAT SORT OF PLAYER YOU T**T!

After the game, after being sent off, and about to miss the next game of the tournament:
Emotionally... "I just want you to know, I'm not that sort of player"

You admitted you kicked out after the ball had gone for the first yellow.
You committed two more tactical fouls that could have seen you booked again.
You rugby tackled an opponent in your own box to give a away a penalty, which I could have interpreted as a sending off offence.
And you then swore at me. I warned you that you would be cautioned if you swore again. You did, and you got your marching orders.

YOU ARE EXACTLY THAT SORT OF PLAYER YOU T**T!

Is that tournament quite lenient on punishments then. One of my local teams runs a 5-a-side tournament in the summer and if a player gets booked, they miss the next game. If they get sent off, they miss the res of the tournament. I sent one player off after 7 minutes in the first game for a real 'leg-breaker' of a challenge. He was distraught

Back