A&H

Player admits VC? Red card?

A&H International
A while now, that's why red card reports are no longer needed, just a tick box. The exception is mistaken identity as Chas has rightly said.
News to me. I was sure they can still be appealed on the grounds of "wrongful dismissal" as well as Mistaken Identity?

News to me. I was sure they can still be appealed on the grounds of "wrongful dismissal" as well as Mistaken Identity?

Must be level dependant/location as here, there was a red card for vc on Sat recinded to aggression yesterday

I know they can in the professional game, but I'm pretty sure it was stopped at grass roots level. Non standard charges can still be appealed though.

I know they can in the professional game, but I'm pretty sure it was stopped at grass roots level. Non standard charges can still be appealed though.
Here is The FA guidance when the change occurred (applies in England only):
The purpose of this report is largely historic and relates to when Players were able to appeal a dismissal and attend a Personal hearing to challenge the report. The move at grassroots level from term based discipline to match based discipline prevented personal hearings for red card offences and was replaced with the wrongful dismissal process. The requirement to report the detail of the dismissal is not necessary for the Wrongful Dismissal process that now applies at all levels of the game and in fact contributes to confusion as to the purpose of that process. The ability to claim a Wrongful Dismissal applies where a Club can demonstrate that the decision to send off a player for the offence committed was obviously wrong. Clubs often concentrate their submissions on perceived errors in the detail of the report rather than whether the decision to send off for the offence was or was not correct. The onus is on the Club to show that the referee was obviously wrong in the dismissal offence and where they cannot satisfy that burden any claim should fail. It has therefore been agreed to amend the reporting process with effect from the start of the 2018/19 season to operate the same as reporting yellow card offences. This change will apply at all levels of the game.

Here is The FA guidance when the change occurred (applies in England only):
The purpose of this report is largely historic and relates to when Players were able to appeal a dismissal and attend a Personal hearing to challenge the report. The move at grassroots level from term based discipline to match based discipline prevented personal hearings for red card offences and was replaced with the wrongful dismissal process. The requirement to report the detail of the dismissal is not necessary for the Wrongful Dismissal process that now applies at all levels of the game and in fact contributes to confusion as to the purpose of that process. The ability to claim a Wrongful Dismissal applies where a Club can demonstrate that the decision to send off a player for the offence committed was obviously wrong. Clubs often concentrate their submissions on perceived errors in the detail of the report rather than whether the decision to send off for the offence was or was not correct. The onus is on the Club to show that the referee was obviously wrong in the dismissal offence and where they cannot satisfy that burden any claim should fail. It has therefore been agreed to amend the reporting process with effect from the start of the 2018/19 season to operate the same as reporting yellow card offences. This change will apply at all levels of the game.
Okay, so, you can still appeal then...

You can but in effect unless you have video evidence demonstrating the decision is wrong, the burden is so high that it is very difficult to appeal successfully

Back