A&H

PGMO Training

The Referee Store
Yeah I found that after I put this post but I have had a sneak peek at this but I can't find the whole document anywhere. Top secret I think

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 38
Could find a bunch of old training plans for 2006 season, but otherwise nothing. Even their web site is off search engines (see Wikipedia for info on that)

http://www.edmontonrefs.com/assets/

This has the old plans named "cycles " plus date. Not quite what you wanted but it appears that it is all there is :(

i think it should all be available to all referees, i think an improvement would be seen in most refs fitness

i think it should all be available to all referees, i think an improvement would be seen in most refs fitness

I agree correct me if I'm wrong but I think they used to be available via their website but it seems its all top secret now. I have my computer back tomorrow so I will upload what I have. I have to say these guys and women are super fit and the sessions (6 days a week) are not for the faint hearted.

Very interesting. Wonder what the strength programme looks like, probably tailored to each ref.

Might try out the sprint training later.

Sprint endurance training (12/july) complete. Took about 30 mins including jogging to the pitch and the 5 mins warm up stretches (okay, more like 2 mins... Get bored with stretches real easy)

Average hr - 128
Max hr - 163
Kcal - 491
33% in hr zone (12.27 mins)

A nice change to my usual training. Think I managed to add an extra set on end, because I lost track of how many I had done. Hard but good

Good work Supermonkey.....
Although im sure you should have higher than 33% in hr zone, although in your defence you are not on the select list so we can let you off.
I have with help from the guys on here loads of them some going back years so I am going to try and fit them altogether and see if I can write a whole years training plan

The intense bit of the training itself doesn't last too long. The 6 sprints at the start are each completed in <5 seconds, 10 seconds rest so all finished in 1.30 or so.

Quick rest (couple of minutes) then into the second part. Again each set lasts 1.30!

I should have stopped the watch for the jog up there and warm up.

I found an interesting rugby ref training manual which includes an extensive strength training section. Anyone interested? Most of the pitch based drills look the same as football pitch based drills, but on a rugby pitch! :)

That would explain it then.

Fair play for completing it

Yeah would be interested in the strength training section anything to help improve fitness levels.

Back