A&H

Pep Vs Jurgen, Anthony Taylor, VK Vs VVD

Status
Not open for further replies.
How THAT's what an out of control tackle looks like folks.
A tad worse than Bailly's one might say
Similar to Bailly's
Honestly, i've only seen the slo-mo as i've just tuned in. Looked certain red but will reserve judgement until i see it full speed

The Referee Store
TAA's left foot. Klopp klass. Robertson is just special.

I note in the prem ref's have stopped signalling throw ins... tips only

GLT eh? 1.2 cm no goal. Then the slightest of touches off TAA puts the ball in off the post for Mane.

Would VAR have walked Kompany?

Precision goal, 2-1 I don't think that goes in too often below the Prem, they'd miss more often than score!!!

Whilst I understand why Pep was livid, Mourinho would have walked no question. For that tirade

Whilst I understand why Pep was livid, Mourinho would have walked no question. For that tirade
Agreed, although I don't exactly understand the reaction! Baffled by the decision to come across and have a chat, just helps city kill time. At this level, leave it to the 4th unless you're actually sending him.

Agreed, although I don't exactly understand the reaction! Baffled by the decision to come across and have a chat, just helps city kill time. At this level, leave it to the 4th unless you're actually sending him.
Was thinking the same. Made the 4th look weak. Either deal with it or get the ref to hook him surely

Hats off to Fernandinho - he was incredible, opened so many moves with mid range passing.
Lovren made 4 horrible mistakes - he came out of position and isolate Sane against TAA for the second. Gifted Sterling one in the 6 yard box.
TAA wasted so much possession. And VVD's safety first cost us a lot of ball in the first half. Gini also poor and standing on the ball. Job done for City. I'll still take a 4 point lead though:)

Wafer thin margins in this game - not least with the Kompany decision

I don't really buy this "momentum back with champions" stuff. Pool are 4 points clear, murdered a top 6 side last week, have now played City twice. I think we are chuffed to get this out of the way. 17 game run in!

I've noticed a lack of managers shaking hands with 4th officials in the premier league, has it always been like this?

Hopefully people will take note of Fernandinho and how he is criminally under rated. One of, if not the best defensive midfielder in world football. It’s easy to put players names like Aguero, Sane, De Bruyne etc up in lights but without Fernandinho, that team just doesn’t work

Are games shown live to the crowd in all Prem games???? Are replays????

Not had my season ticket for 4 years now but they used to show relays at the Etihad of goals unless there was any risk of controversy, then they wouldn't show them. 21st century and they won't show close calls or Mic up officials for VAR decisions because there's too many morons at games. Been doing it in every other sport for years but can't at football due to the risk of moronic behaviour in the ground

On the football side, great game to watch and City edged it and deserved the three points.

Fernandinho and Berando Silva superb, Liverpools front three didn't quite fire.

As for the referee performance, i thought he was excellent.

6 yellow cards and i think every one of them spot on.

2 Liverpool for SPA.
Ederson time wasting, Silva a late foul, Laporte clear foul on Milner (did someone actually question that as a yellow)

The Kompany one is the big talking point.
I can see both sides but im not 100% sure its a red thats why you have to go yellow, yes he lunges a bit but he slides in rather than using excessive force.

I'm 500% sure it's a red. If he did the same tackle standing there would still be a case for a red.

He doesn't 'slide' in - he launches himself. He's only JUST landing when he hits the opponent. Studs first in a position that blocks the follow-through of the player's kick is incredibly dangerous. The only thing protecting Salah was that he didn't have a full follow-through on the kick - but positioning studs in a manner that's likely to cop the full force of the opponent's kick must be a red card. The fact that he launched himself in a high challenge makes it worse - as does the fact that it was so hard he ended up about 2 yards past the opponent.

https://streamable.com/m6dd9

This is a nasty tackle. Yes, Salah was rolling on the ground pretending he was hurt, but that's not the issue. I'm genuinely amazed anybody is considering anything other than red.

Looked red from my position and was quite surprised it was only yellow tbh, my mate who's not a ref called red as well. Not seen a replay though...

Thought Taylor did well though for sure, the rest of the cards were pretty obvious nailed on, couple of half shouts for pens looked rightly ignored. Managed a fiery game with the potential to get nasty very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back