A&H

Pep only warned...

alexv

RefChat Addict
Level 5 Referee
So the FA decide to only warn Guardiola after he was screaming at the fourth official and throwing his scarf around. At grassroots, we’re told to report any poor behaviour and the manager should be punished, yet the best get away with it. What do you all think?

The Referee Store
Don't worry it is all part of the Man City conspiracy:). On a serious note Mourinho would have been in the stands faster than you can say jackio robinsonio

City getting special treatment.... Whatever next. Where do I start the campaign to stop this outrage!!!

Don't worry it is all part of the Man City conspiracy:). On a serious note Mourinho would have been in the stands faster than you can say jackio robinsonio
Not that it should matter in that scenario but Mourinho has a much longer rap sheet. Therefore his punishments are always more severe by virtue of repeat offending.

Not that it should matter in that scenario but Mourinho has a much longer rap sheet. Therefore his punishments are always more severe by virtue of repeat offending.
To be fair, Mourinho has been around a lot longer than Pep, specially in the Premier League. His rap sheet has had more time to develop.

Weird that he wasn't sent to the stands, and I say that as a City fan - if you're getting the 4th over at that level just to speak to the manager, it looks weak

Most of the top managers are serial whinging offenders. When I look at some of others though, Roy, Howe, Hughton, even my own Wilder I don’t see a fraction of the issues that have been enacted on us on a weekly basis

There isn’t consistency and it’s annoying. Wenger kicks a bottle, touchline ban. Emery does it, hits a fan, gets a fine and a warning. Mourinho has previously been sent to the stands for this and got a touchline ban. Pep gets a warning and a finger shake at the side of the pitch. They should just use the carding system being used in the EFL

To be fair, Mourinho has been around a lot longer than Pep, specially in the Premier League. His rap sheet has had more time to develop.
Which is my point. People always say if Mourinho did it... but its not a fair comparison.

Yes. You accept ppl making mistakes. But not learning from one's mistakes is not acceptable.

and yet we allow players who are continuously booked for dissent to just get a yellow each time with no harsher punishment over time.

and yet we allow players who are continuously booked for dissent to just get a yellow each time with no harsher punishment over time.
the issues around managing dissent has its own topic.

But note a second (repeat) caution in a game is a harsher punishment. Also note 5 yellows lead to a one game suspension. It's all about punishing repeat offenders. I do take your point of it not being consistant enough.

Yes there is, after so many booking they get suspended... that hurts them more!!

Does it though? (I realise I’m going off topic now). How hurt is a prem footballer on 50k+ a week if they miss one game but still get paid?

Most of the top managers are serial whinging offenders. When I look at some of others though, Roy, Howe, Hughton, even my own Wilder I don’t see a fraction of the issues that have been enacted on us on a weekly basis
Manager's must be ''Foreign Soap Stars' to get a top job. The genuinely decent managers out there just don't tick that box

Pep should've been sent from the FOP, no debate really. It's rare that he loses his rag like that but he can't behave in that manner and just be told to stop it. If Klipp then did the same then the ref could not really send him from the FOP either and we'd have a huge drama on the sidelines. I love Pep for what he's done for the good guys in Manchester but he should've been sent off

Back