A&H

Penalty Kick

Am I not right in thinking that DOGSO is very simply Denying an obvious goals scoring opportunity so the skill level of the player with that opportunity is irrelevant, Didier Drogba and Jimmy Smith have the same opportunity to score and they have been denied it by an apposing player, red card...simples!!

I agree (as I often find myself doing) with The Monkey and The Foot!!

Oi! Don't forget the herts!

The Referee Store
Am I not right in thinking that DOGSO is very simply Denying an obvious goals scoring opportunity so the skill level of the player with that opportunity is irrelevant, Didier Drogba and Jimmy Smith have the same opportunity to score and they have been denied it by an apposing player, red card...simples!!

I agree (as I often find myself doing) with The Monkey and The Foot!!

Aren't you overlooking issues such as distance between the offence and the goal, the likelihood of keeping or gaining control of the ball, the direction of play and the location and number of defenders.

No Haywain im not overlooking anything simply commenting on this debate which is about whether a DOGSO decision is affected by the skill of the player involved or not and in my opinion it isn't.

No Haywain im not overlooking anything simply commenting on this debate which is about whether a DOGSO decision is affected by the skill of the player involved or not and in my opinion it isn't.

only, it's just that when i read this

'Didier Drogba and Jimmy Smith have the same opportunity to score and they have been denied it by an apposing player, red card'

i thought that, perhaps, you might be

glad we cleared that one up

only, it's just that when i read this

'Didier Drogba and Jimmy Smith have the same opportunity to score and they have been denied it by an apposing player, red card'

i thought that, perhaps, you might be

glad we cleared that one up

Yes me too

What have you guys got against ex Stevenage player Jimmy Smith? (1:08).

Nah!, wrong Jimmy Smith, mate. We're talking Langley Village here, the posh end of Hertfordshire, I'm guessing :)

Ah ok, I tend not to go to the posh side so that's why I don't know him. :p

Nah!, wrong Jimmy Smith, mate. We're talking Langley Village here, the posh end of Hertfordshire, I'm guessing :)

Think Langley village is in Berkshire somewhere. I try not to travel outside Herts if I can manage. You get so many working class you see I just can't handle it. If only there was a way of flying to Surrey without having to fly over that ghastly Bedfordshire or London. It makes me very sad to see these god awful places..

I shall ask Barrington to fly the chopper higher I think!

It sounds like you got it bang on and the defending players should be thankfull you wanted to see how play went on as had you blown for the foul straight away then it seems a red would have come out. I remember Clattenburg doing a similar thing with Arsenal last season I think, except the guy scored. Clattenburg said afterwards had he missed he would have awarded the pen.

Back