A&H

Penalty for football (Corruption)

I guessing no involvement either
As AR I would def be getting ref over and clarifying whats going on, (subject to me also being apart of alleged corruption). Keeps yourself in the clear if nothing else.

The Referee Store
On that one, seems a far fetch based on what is being circulated in the Saudi/arabic newspapers. Apparently the president of the club claimed that he has incriminating evidence of whatsapp texts that show the ref asking for money! I smell sth funny here, surely surely if you were going down this route you would't use sth that is so so easily traceable like a text message or email! but rather a method that is a bit more covert?
Whatsapp messages are end-to-end encrypted so there is the expectation that they are entirely secure. What seems to have happened here, according to reports, is that the person who received the messages then disclosed them.

Whatsapp messages are end-to-end encrypted so there is the expectation that they are entirely secure. What seems to have happened here, according to reports, is that the person who received the messages then disclosed them.
True but the case should still be proven being in possession of some WhatsApp messages is not enough. Has the referee admitted to be the sender of the messages or has it been proven otherwise? It's quite easy to impersonate someone in social media or messaging apps. There could also be other factors involved which make this doubtful/provable.

True but the case should still be proven being in possession of some WhatsApp messages is not enough. Has the referee admitted to be the sender of the messages or has it been proven otherwise? It's quite easy to impersonate someone in social media or messaging apps. There could also be other factors involved which make this doubtful/provable.
Again, according to published media reports, the referee has admitted to soliciting the corrupt payment.

Referee banned over match-fixing attempt

Back