A&H

Penalty for football (Corruption)

RobOda

RefChat Addict
Level 3 Referee
Saw this on Reddit yesterday:

Over in Serbia. Apparently this is an important match for the Europa League qualification in terms of league standings. He gave that penalty, and reddit went mad with corruption accusations for bit. Apparently they've arrested the referee for it?

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-s...after-penalty-howler-police-say-idUKKCN1IG1ZI

I'm trying to verify if this is genuine, because it seems so outlandish? What do you guys think? :sorry:

The Referee Store
It would be very difficult to imagine anything other than corruption being responsible for this. I work in the gambling industry and nothing of this nature would surprise me

It's on Reuters so unlikely to not be genuine.

Looks very, very bad. What is most bizarre is the lack of any real protests from the defending team. That is a horrendous decision yet they don't seem too bothered. You'd expect the player that gave it away to be apoplectic with rage, yet he just lays on the floor.

It's on Reuters so unlikely to not be genuine.

Looks very, very bad. What is most bizarre is the lack of any real protests from the defending team. That is a horrendous decision yet they don't seem too bothered. You'd expect the player that gave it away to be apoplectic with rage, yet he just lays on the floor.
They've probably all lumped on, or seen it all before

Actually, corrupting a sporting event is the easy bit. Getting on, is the difficulty. All major bookmakers have algorithms which spot unusual betting activity; and when it's identified, they simply don't pay out (in most countries, there's no legal obligation to do so)

Actually, corrupting a sporting event is the easy bit. Getting on, is the difficulty. All major bookmakers have algorithms which spot unusual betting activity; and when it's identified, they simply don't pay out (in most countries, there's no legal obligation to do so)

Don’t I know it, bookies never ask questions when taking your money it’s in the till within 5 seconds.

Try picking your winnings up & see how long that takes you!

Could someone please explain what the pen was given for?

Never forget Sodje the ex Brentford defender playing I believe for Peterborough, it was the most obvious ridiculous stupid brainless attempt at getting sent off, funny thing was it took him two attempts before he got his marching orders.

Handling. :)
I wonder if the defender was supposed to have struck the attacker when he stuck his arms out?
I find it curious that the attacker was appealing for something....can't figure out what.

I also thought it was interesting to see the defence just get on with it - is that normal for this league?

What we dont see, or at least I cant, is any action from the AR ? Clutching at straws. but, possible the AR gave it?

If not, then, am a bit lost as to why the AR does not get the ref over for a chat "what you giving the pk for?" "handball", " just to let you know I did not see a handball there at all "?

I like to think if i was AR (and not under a bung) that I would question that call.

Just on that, total beyond possibilty that Clattenburg will get call up to replace this guy????

He actually replaced him for the cup final that he was supposed to officiate (and obviously had been taken off after these claims).

Too lazy to start another thread while this thread looks appropriate anyway :)

This is on a world cup bound referee being banned for life for corruption.

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/world-cup-bound-referee-handed-life-ban-for-offering-to-fix-a-match

On that one, seems a far fetch based on what is being circulated in the Saudi/arabic newspapers. Apparently the president of the club claimed that he has incriminating evidence of whatsapp texts that show the ref asking for money! I smell sth funny here, surely surely if you were going down this route you would't use sth that is so so easily traceable like a text message or email! but rather a method that is a bit more covert?

On that one, seems a far fetch based on what is being circulated in the Saudi/arabic newspapers. Apparently the president of the club claimed that he has incriminating evidence of whatsapp texts that show the ref asking for money! I smell sth funny here, surely surely if you were going down this route you would't use sth that is so so easily traceable like a text message or email! but rather a method that is a bit more covert?

In a morally corrupt and backwardly-thinking religious police state they can accuse you of whatever they like and "prove" that it's true .... :rolleyes: ;)

Back