The Ref Stop

Overlap podcast with HW

DJIC

This is a really good podcast to watch or listen, long at 1 hour 23 mins.

IMHO, Howard Webb comes across really well.

Would this help if MO, CC, CP or AT etc go on this sort of programme to humanise them to general public? Not easy mind.

Fascinating subjects discussed.

Delaying the game
Trialling 8 second rule to 10 seconds
One manager VAR challenge per match being trialled.
Ex players refereeing programme started (Gary Neville can't see it being sccessful without 10 year+ of refereeing experience)
Handball law (HW said no penalties given for HB in PL this year?!?!?)
HW insight in to De Jong karate kick in 2010 World Cup

Rooney “the referees have been good this season!”

The Ref Stop
Very nearly started a running thread about ref-related podcasts last week when I heard this, but this was a good listen. Genuinely came across well.

It’s another case of they’re damned if they do and damned if they dont but getting one of the current SG referees on there.

Some would see it as a positive, whereas others would see it as them trying to make it all about themselves.

I watched it and I just thought it was messy, you have a situation where Howard is talking about one subject then someone interrupts and totally changes the subject. You have Wright and Keane talking whilst Howard is talking.

Don't really watch the Overlap as I think there is too much chat about football on everything these days but thought I give this a watch and I think even Howard was struggling at times because of how messy the whole thing was.

I do like the rule that they are apparently trailing in PL2 where if a keeper hold onto the ball more than 8 seconds then it's a corner to the opposite team.

Back