A&H

Our throw ref!

SM

The avuncular one
had a very funny occurrence in a cup game. The away team really appealed for every throw in. Not just appealed, they REALLY appealed. Even the really, really obviously ones - Obviously there's, or obviously not there's. Massive shout for it by at least a handful of players.

Didn't really appeal for anything else at all though :D

It was one of the oddest, but hilarious things I have ever come across.

Thought I would share, as sharing is caring. Anyone else come across weird claiming teams?

The Referee Store
Came across one step 6 side who were practising synchronised appealing in the warmup!

Reactions: SM
I had one lad who miss kicked a ball and it went for a corner only for him to start saying "Goal kick ref"!!! There wasn't one player within 10 yards of him... I thought he was joking so I laughed then when he asked what I was laughing at I realised, unfortunately, he was being serious !
Untill one of his own players told him to "stop being a bell-end" and we all had a laugh.
The sad thing was, I asked him at the end why he thought it should've been a goal kick and he said the referee they have for home matches would probably given it as a goal kick "if I chewed him about it" :-/

had a very funny occurrence in a cup game. The away team really appealed for every throw in. Not just appealed, they REALLY appealed. Even the really, really obviously ones - Obviously there's, or obviously not there's. Massive shout for it by at least a handful of players.

Didn't really appeal for anything else at all though :D

It was one of the oddest, but hilarious things I have ever come across.

Thought I would share, as sharing is caring. Anyone else come across weird claiming teams?
Sounds like they had an in-joke working today and you were on the receiving end. Bit like trying to get a particular word into an interview.:p

Last night on my game (I was Senior AR) the away team are appealing for everything. Home team manager asks them (politely) if they were going to keep doing this all game.

Away manager replied with 'Well in this league we've found if you shout you get' and started laughing.

Was quite amusing

Back