A&H

Offside - deliberately playing the ball

The Referee Store
I think you are going to have an awful lot of trouble finding any deliberate action on a football field that is not also instinctive.
I think you have misunderstood the meanings of the terms. As per their respective definitions, if something is instinctive it cannot be deliberate. If something is deliberate, that means it was done "consciously and intentionally". If the action is instinctive it means it was done without conscious thought. The two are mutually exclusive.

I think you have misunderstood the meanings of the terms. As per their respective definitions, if something is instinctive it cannot be deliberate. If something is deliberate, that means it was done "consciously and intentionally". If the action is instinctive it means it was done without conscious thought. The two are mutually exclusive.
I disagree that they are mutually exclusive. And there is no IFAB definition in the LotG. A mother can instinctively protect her children while undertaking a deliberate act to protect. A striker can instinctively shoot while making a deliberate kick of the ball. A defender can make an instinctive slide while attempting a deliberate clearance.

Back