A&H

Open Age OFFINABUS

But in reality, hand on heart, I doubt each and every time we hear, f off ref, we issue a card
I can tell you, hand on heart, each and every time I have heard the words 'fcuk off' directed at me in protest, its has been either a yellow card or a red card depending on context. And it generally happens more than once a season.
Also hand on heart, if I am assessing and I hear it directed a the referee in protest and the referee does not deal with it with a sanction, he gets deducted major marks for not protecting the image of the game.

The Referee Store
I can tell you, hand on heart, each and every time I have heard the words 'fcuk off' directed at me in protest, its has been either a yellow card or a red card depending on context. And it generally happens more than once a season.
Also hand on heart, if I am assessing and I hear it directed a the referee in protest and the referee does not deal with it with a sanction, he gets deducted major marks for not protecting the image of the game.

That's more than fine. I can honest say as above, any adult game on a Sunday here will have that unpunished, and the world will stop spinning before a game passes without such a phrase being used.

In every game on tv, as we have proved, we have plenty occasions where its been shown plenty of times that telling the referee to f off, is worthy of, Nothing
Do you base your refereeing standards on the ignorance of the select group?

You know this player deserves a card and it's not his birthday!

Do you base your refereeing standards on the ignorance of the select group?

You know this player deserves a card and it's not his birthday!

Basing standards on the most elite officials we have in the country? Imagine! Insane !!
Lets all aspire to the standards of public park mediocrity

Just to add another scenario, junior game, coach says 'What's he doing. ****ing 'ell ref, that's never offside'. Followed up in the second half with '****ing 'ell ref, he's a cheat'. These comments were aimed at a club linesman. My reaction would be to remove the coach for the first offence so the second doesn't happen. I'm not having coaches swearing in a junior game and showing dissent to a club linesman.

Is anyone calming him down after the first one and removing him at the second, or is anyone just saying play on? (all assuming there's another qualified coach, etc available.)

Just to add another scenario, junior game, coach says 'What's he doing. ****ing 'ell ref, that's never offside'. Followed up in the second half with '****ing 'ell ref, he's a cheat'. These comments were aimed at a club linesman. My reaction would be to remove the coach for the first offence so the second doesn't happen. I'm not having coaches swearing in a junior game and showing dissent to a club linesman.

Is anyone calming him down after the first one and removing him at the second, or is anyone just saying play on? (all assuming there's another qualified coach, etc available.)
First one is a 'tell' for me. A stern talking to about the language not being acceptable at any time let alone in junior games. Second one is remove (even if it was his first indiscretion).

As always context (other factors) has some say in each one of those.

Players shouts 'F OFF!' in frustration - A word
Player looks directly at me and tells me to F off - Yellow

Add a colour to both of those mine.....

That's fair enough. I wouldn't argue a ref sending somebody off for it either. I think it's a bit of a grey error in terms of INOFFABUS. I think the only issue is when a referee would issue no card at all if it's said directly to them

Back