A&H

Now I know

What a wonderful society we live in when some scrote of a 15 year old can tell an adult in a position of responsibilty that his or her decision was 'bloody bullshit' and some people can't see that it is offensive :(

Age should have nothing to do with it, since the laws of the game are the same for everybody. But also as you alluded to, it was the decision made by the CAR that they were unhappy with, not the CAR himself which is only a yellow in my book.

The Referee Store
unfortunately we are referees, not moral arbiters.

until somebody writes a definitive list of what is or isn't acceptable which, let's agree, is unlikely to happen, surely we are moral arbiters in that we decide whether language is offensive, abusive or insulting and take action accordingly

i am also working on the basis that it is not necessarily me that has to be offended, insulted or abused

Age should have nothing to do with it, since the laws of the game are the same for everybody.

Couldn't agree more. I only mentioned a 15 year old (could have written 14 year old) cos that was the example given by the o/p.

I have to completely disagree with you @micky2001 and @Richthekeeper. I see that quite clearly as OFFINABUS. If anyone swears at me or my team they are straight off, don't care wether it is CAR's or NAR's they would be off. To say I am only 14 I am quite old fashioned in that respect, I would much rather prefer our position to be as respected as a rugby referee and see absolutely no reason why it shouldn't be!! :mad:

I respect your opinions completely but couldn't disagree with you more.

Rant over :oops:

If in the opinion of the referee he found the statement to be offensive, insulting or abusive, then he can take whatever action he deems fit. I still remember the last time I reported a manager. as far as I know his club was fined around £250 and he was sacked. None have pushed their luck since.

Back