A&H

Notts FA Promotion Fitness

bmace3

I've been looking at the promotion criteria for L7-6 for next year potentially and the information from Notts FA says you need to attend a fitness assessment. Does anyone know what this entails so I know what to be working towards? I've seen the 5/4 one with the 12 minute run but can't find anything for 7-6.

Thanks

The Referee Store
I've been looking at the promotion criteria for L7-6 for next year potentially and the information from Notts FA says you need to attend a fitness assessment. Does anyone know what this entails so I know what to be working towards? I've seen the 5/4 one with the 12 minute run but can't find anything for 7-6.

Thanks
It varies by County, so you need to ask locally.

Thanks
Generally for 7-6 you would be asked to attempt the same test as 5-4 but either as an advisory (so you know what will be required once you get to 5-4) or with a reduced distance requirement. It will be some form of 12-minute run, but the details on exactly how far you will be asked to cover and/or what happens if you don't achieve it will be up to the county FA.

Generally for 7-6 you would be asked to attempt the same test as 5-4 but either as an advisory (so you know what will be required once you get to 5-4) or with a reduced distance requirement. It will be some form of 12-minute run, but the details on exactly how far you will be asked to cover and/or what happens if you don't achieve it will be up to the county FA.
Cornwall FA used a run walk run test for assistants on step 5/6 and step 7 refs.

The level 4 test, I believe, will be changing to this style this season. It was being tested the other week so expect it to be in place for this summers tests.

Just jumping in on this one - I’m going for 7-6 next season with Somerset and their fitness test requirement is 2000m continuous run in 12 mins and 2 x 50m sprints in 7.5 seconds.

I’m not the quickest over a short distance so I’m a bit worried about the 2 x 50m sprints. Does anybody have any advice for preparation or practice techniques?

Just jumping in on this one - I’m going for 7-6 next season with Somerset and their fitness test requirement is 2000m continuous run in 12 mins and 2 x 50m sprints in 7.5 seconds.

I’m not the quickest over a short distance so I’m a bit worried about the 2 x 50m sprints. Does anybody have any advice for preparation or practice techniques?
I'm also looking at 7-6 in Somerset next season. I'll be 49 at the point of putting myself forward. I've had a bit of an injury so not been doing a lot of exercise other than matches over the last 6/7 weeks. I tested myself on the 2000m the other day and managed it pretty much to the second, but needed to include a short break in the middle! I either need to get my pacing better or just break through the stamina barrier. I've not tried the sprint part so not sure where I stand on that. Have you timed yourself yet @LM1996?

I'm also looking at 7-6 in Somerset next season. I'll be 49 at the point of putting myself forward. I've had a bit of an injury so not been doing a lot of exercise other than matches over the last 6/7 weeks. I tested myself on the 2000m the other day and managed it pretty much to the second, but needed to include a short break in the middle! I either need to get my pacing better or just break through the stamina barrier. I've not tried the sprint part so not sure where I stand on that. Have you timed yourself yet @LM1996?
Nice to see another Somerset user! Did you go to the promotion seminar tonight with Matt?

I’m a keen road runner but haven’t tried the 2000m yet. I’m going to give it a go tomorrow night and see how I get on!

I’m more worried about the sprints as I’m not very quick 😂

What part of Somerset are you from?

Hill sprints. Find a hill and just run up it maximally a few times once a week. 15 seconds up, slow recovery back down to the bottom.

Remember that when you do the test it has to be a continuous run - no half time break! Hope it goes well.

Yes, that the bit I need to suss out. I was reassured to find out that my basic level of fitness is obviously not too far off the standard. Only tried it recently, so I need to work out if it is pace I need to adjust or stamina. Ideally both with practice.

Hill sprints. Find a hill and just run up it maximally a few times once a week. 15 seconds up, slow recovery back down to the bottom.
Great suggestion. I have a nice steep driveway! How many repetitions would you suggest?

Great suggestion. I have a nice steep driveway! How many repetitions would you suggest?
As many as you can manage really.
I'd maybe start out with a lower volume sessions, maybe x10 and work up from there.
This can be a heavy session so make sure you warm up and take a rest day afterwards or active recovery if you need it.

Back