A&H

Nothing to see here. Move on

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we should start a campaign to let referees drive in bus lanes - or maybe have them traffic light changing gadgets that the Emergency Services have

The Referee Store
I think we should start a campaign to let referees drive in bus lanes - or maybe have them traffic light changing gadgets that the Emergency Services have

Now this is a better shout.

The amount of times I've been stuck behind weekend drivers on match day and its taken me longer than it would on a weekday rush hour!

Well said.

As I said in my response I haven't done any school games so apologise if this is an expectation which you've now confirmed, it is.

I guess the problem here @John J is that your actions as detailed in your original post are abhorrent to most of us on here.

You may have been unwitting in your original post as to the reaction you would receive, but the way you behaved was bizarre at best.

If I was the parent of that lad at your game I would have been unhappy with his behaviour but furious at yours. You are clearly an intelligent man, do you not see that your behaviour was bizarre, misguided and over top? You mention respect, but completely miss the irony of the impact of your own behaviour?

As a side note - most new forum users don't post power crazy, over the top, chasing youngsters around the pitch demanding hand shakes nonsense.

Wow.... well that has been a very interesting read for the past 10 minutes...

As a reletively new member on here, I think I perhaps approached with a slightly milder tone, and have found the forum very informative and supportive.

To memery i believe I have only had one lad flatly refuse to shake my hand. My response was, ah it's only a game, it's finished now. He took no notice, but I guess he was annoyed I had applied the LOTG! haha I have much more to worry about in life than one lad not shacking hands.

I do find that the schoool games tend to have far more players coming over to skae hands than you get on a sat/sunday. But as others have said I will stand in the middle and if they want to shakke my hand then they are more than welcome too!

Yes, as above an interesting 10' read.

It DOES irritate me when managers or very few players come and shake hands.

When my son was playing (Before I qualified), I was often CAR and of course in a completely, calm and rational, unbiased way :rolleyes: I sometimes thought that maybe the ref wasn't up to scratch, but always shook his hand - he had turned up after all!:p

Seriously though, I don't think its unreasonable for all to come to shake hands - it happens at Ryman U18/21 games I do, so really don't see why it can't at park level, but as a general rule If you say there are say 30 who could shake your hand at end of game, its a good week if I get more than half a dozen each week.

Had the odd "Not shaking YOUR hand comment" from a manager, but as for insisting, agree with most above - that's a no no for me.

a totaly pointless thread if a player, who is totally within his rights doesnt want to shake hands with you thats his choice not yours

You've emailed the school....?

Two options here really.......1. Troll........2. Monumentally misguided pompous stuffed shirt who really has no place anywhere near youth football....

Is it worth a poll?

You've emailed the school....?

Two options here really.......1. Troll........2. Monumentally misguided pompous stuffed shirt who really has no place anywhere near youth football....

Is it worth a poll?

Yeah I have to agree. It seems like John has made a mistake(we all do) albeit a massive one. One post you are happy he is banned next thing you don't want him banned and put a lot of fancy words in your 'e-mail' that make it sound like you know what you are talking about.

You are a referee. You referee the game. If you don't get a hand shake at the end who cares. Marching over to a child and demanding they shake your hand is pretty pathetic in all honesty. It is also not your job to e-mail the school and say don't ban the player etc. Your job is to referee the game not get involved in what is quite frankly nonsense.

I referee youth football(U13-U19) at the weekend and if I get 2-3 players shaking my hand its rare. Im more interested in them shaking the opposition players hands.

Never thought I would see a post on here where someone has took the hump cos a kid has refused to shake his hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back