A&H

Nike Shirt - Pocket Issues

Matthew

RefChat Addict
A very first world issue, but has anybody else had any issues with the pockets on the current Nike shirt?

I keep my notebook and pen in my shirt pocket and on multiple ocassions this season both of them have fallen out of the pocket mid-sprint. This has never happened to me with any previous shirts.

Does anyone have any recommendations for how I can secure them better?

The Referee Store
A very first world issue, but has anybody else had any issues with the pockets on the current Nike shirt?

I keep my notebook and pen in my shirt pocket and on multiple ocassions this season both of them have fallen out of the pocket mid-sprint. This has never happened to me with any previous shirts.

I think generally the new kit quality falls a long way short of the quality of previous kits.

I haven't had this issue though, as there is a velcro closing. Make sure that is closed over which should hold.

The only other option I can think of is to have your own velcro added to increase the security of the pocket.

The Nike shorts I have a problem with. Can’t wear them as everything flies out as soon as I run.
Really, that's an odd one! I've never had a problem with the shorts and I go running wearing the same shorts with my phone and keys in my pockets! (admittedly I'm not probably hitting sprint speed on pitch when out running)

My problem, and one I know other local refs struggle with, is the socks. Holes in the toes!

Last edited:
Really, that's an odd one! I've never had a problem with the shorts and I go running wearing the same shorts with my phone and keys in my pockets!

My problem, and one I know other local refs struggle with, is the socks. Holes in the toes!
Heard lots of reports about the socks. Mine holding up okay... I use grippy socks underneath which might help with friction and the wearing down.

Heard lots of reports about the socks. Mine holding up okay... I use grippy socks underneath which might help with friction and the wearing down.
I ended up cutting the bottom off the socks and then wearing grip socks. 0 blisters!

+1 for the grip socks. wear them for all sporting activity and they're superb, no blisters and comfortable. highly recommended.

also a +1 for how shoddy the kit is. barely fit for purpose.

I've had serious blister issues in the past and grippy socks have completely eradicated them and I am 100± km running a month on varying terrain. Absolutely amazing invention

Reactions: es1

I use rear pocket of Nike shorts and have no problems at all. In fact I only use the shirt pocket for spare pens which seem to hold. The shorts are excellent imo. Shirt is not great, same as socks. Adidas shirts are much better.

In your opinion of course…I reckon it better than the round neck Nike in sh1t material 👍
Well that's subjective and in the opinion of the referee of course. 🙂
Either way I much prefer a proper collar as in almost every other kit Nike produced before this one.

Well that's subjective and in the opinion of the referee of course. 🙂
Either way I much prefer a proper collar as in almost every other kit Nike produced before this one.
I like the collar but the buttons have always felt flimsy, so was hoping the collarless shirt would be an improvement. Apparently not!

Just to add, I wear the old (with collar) and new shirt (without).

The new shirt is awful. If I properly sprint hard, my yellow flies out the shirt pocket. I've secured the velcro, it is just crap.

Might try and attach a pop button on it.

Just to add, I wear the old (with collar) and new shirt (without).

The new shirt is awful. If I properly sprint hard, my yellow flies out the shirt pocket. I've secured the velcro, it is just crap.

Might try and attach a pop button on it.
I've noticed that the velcro is awful, it was good for the first few months of usage but since then, its just become far too flippant and unsticky

Only had issues with shirt once, but it became a problem when I needed to give a YC and realised I had no pen, or notepad, or card! They were on the touchline bizarrely. No one thought to tell me though

Back