A&H

Next available referee course

Zenith

Does anyone know when the basic referee courses are likely to start again? Unfortunately, I booked a course right before the pandemic which was cancelled and have heard no news on upcoming courses in the future,

Thanks!

The Referee Store
Does anyone know when the basic referee courses are likely to start again? Unfortunately, I booked a course right before the pandemic which was cancelled and have heard no news on upcoming courses in the future,

Thanks!
I'm not particularly well placed to answer, but I doubt very much that anyone is at this time
I think the picture might change quite quickly once restrictions begin to lift, but the 'referees course' may return at different times according to regional (County) case rates. Each CFA typically makes its own decisions

Given the course involves a practical element it will be difficult to hold courses until face to face contact is allowed again.

Your best option would be to contact your local CFA and ask to be put onto a waiting list should it exist.

Given the course involves a practical element it will be difficult to hold courses until face to face contact is allowed again.

Your best option would be to contact your local CFA and ask to be put onto a waiting list should it exist.
We had ours in tier 3 so my CFA I think goes on Grassroots Sport operates then courses can but I think it varies by CFA.

Thanks!
Hi

I was in a similar situation and it sucks! Spoken to my local FA and they said it’s a brand new course and they are hopeful it’ll be in March! Fingers crossed it is!

from what I’ve seen there is a shortage in refs so I know a lot will be keen to get started!

My understanding is that a new look course with an online element and less of a requirement for face-to-face (but still some), will be rolled out from April. I'm in the same boat as the OP - booked on, cancelled.... waiting....

Thanks!
The new-style course (initially Internet-based, plus meeting the requirements in respect of child protection, etc) then one evening and one full day in group learning sessions, starts in March/April. The FA and CFA's will be in touch with those already registered for courses, once the current restrictions are relaxed. Details of the new course are being finalised at the moment, together with update training for the tutors/referee developers, and they will be published once this phase is completed. Delays to the start date were inevitable with The FA and CFA's having staff furloughed or unwell.

The new-style course (initially Internet-based, plus meeting the requirements in respect of child protection, etc) then one evening and one full day in group learning sessions, starts in March/April. The FA and CFA's will be in touch with those already registered for courses, once the current restrictions are relaxed. Details of the new course are being finalised at the moment, together with update training for the tutors/referee developers, and they will be published once this phase is completed. Delays to the start date were inevitable with The FA and CFA's having staff furloughed or unwell.

Thank you for that! I wish that info there was available on local FAs side but really appreciate that! Looking forward to it

I got sent this yesterday so things are starting to move.

Good Morning,

I hope you are safe and well.

I am delighted to be able to advise that we are now in a position to get yourselves started on the road to being a referee.

The FA have this week released the first part of the training, which is required in order to book onto courses.

In order to book onto face-to-face sessions, you must complete the Online Laws of the Game Modules (guidance attached), the online modules will give you the starting points to becoming a referee.

Following completion of the modules, learners will be able to book onto courses (when available) and complete the face-to-face sessions.

At present, information on the face-to-face session is unavailable, but as soon as government guidance allows and information has been provided by The FA, we will be hosting 2 courses per month to cater for all of those required.

At present, we have a total of 43 individuals within the Cambs FA catchment area, with our intention to run 2 courses per month, if everyone books on we will have cleared you within potentially 3 courses

Completing the Laws of the Game Modules

In order to complete the modules, you will need to login with the credentials of the individuals that wishes to attend the referee course.

Have you been able to do the LOTG quiz? Hopefully not too long before you can do face to face courses but sounds like the waiting time shouldn't be too long anyway!

Have you been able to do the LOTG quiz? Hopefully not too long before you can do face to face courses but sounds like the waiting time shouldn't be too long anyway!
The dates for the new course will be set by each county, and will depend on (i) Government rules/law re meetings; (ii) Number of candidates who have completed the online and Child Protection part of the course; (iii) Venue availability - with the need for an indoor facility/classroom/meeting room plus a field of play.
To make the course viable, a minimum/maximum number of candidates will be set for the one evening/one full day attendance part of the learning.
The online session is the first part for everyone, and is now available.

It's very clunky, I've had to skim through each module a second time as it lost progress each time I passed the quiz

For the LOTG quiz to work i had to use Microsoft EDGE, anything else and it just fell over itself.

Has anyone else had any further updates on timescales for their course availability?

We've been told 2 days of face to face courses at some point between June and August depending on government guidelines for indoor meeting and also on course availability with 100+ waiting on the course!

We've been told 2 days of face to face courses at some point between June and August depending on government guidelines for indoor meeting and also on course availability with 100+ waiting on the course!
Herts FA were planning on launching the f2f part in April... although I'm not quite sure how they'll make that work given the restrictions.

The Summer sounds like a more likely timeframe.

Herts FA were planning on launching the f2f part in April... although I'm not quite sure how they'll make that work given the restrictions.

The Summer sounds like a more likely timeframe.
Like you said not sure it'd work with the restrictions of only groups of 6 outside. Sure they'll figure something out and also going to be interesting how they're going to catch up the waiting list but probably easier on the fact that a large amount of content can be taught through E-learning resources. I'm currently doing my L1 coaching e-learning pilot and its smartly done just have to wait week by week which is a little frustrating but I get the idea behind it. Playmaker was good although I feel its far too easy to cheat and we will end up with people on refs and coaches course with the bare minimum for knowledge and we'll see the effects over the next few years.

Hi all, not sure if anyone else has had the same update but Courses look to be starting from July which is nice just to have a general idea of when! Cannot wait is an understatement !

Back