RefSix

Next available referee course

Zenith

Does anyone know when the basic referee courses are likely to start again? Unfortunately, I booked a course right before the pandemic which was cancelled and have heard no news on upcoming courses in the future,

Thanks!

Big Cat

RefChat Addict
Level 6 Referee
Does anyone know when the basic referee courses are likely to start again? Unfortunately, I booked a course right before the pandemic which was cancelled and have heard no news on upcoming courses in the future,

Thanks!
I'm not particularly well placed to answer, but I doubt very much that anyone is at this time
I think the picture might change quite quickly once restrictions begin to lift, but the 'referees course' may return at different times according to regional (County) case rates. Each CFA typically makes its own decisions

RustyRef

Administrator
Staff member
Given the course involves a practical element it will be difficult to hold courses until face to face contact is allowed again.

Your best option would be to contact your local CFA and ask to be put onto a waiting list should it exist.

Southerner In The North

Level 9 Referee
Given the course involves a practical element it will be difficult to hold courses until face to face contact is allowed again.

Your best option would be to contact your local CFA and ask to be put onto a waiting list should it exist.
We had ours in tier 3 so my CFA I think goes on Grassroots Sport operates then courses can but I think it varies by CFA.

OllyChanot

Thanks!
Hi

I was in a similar situation and it sucks! Spoken to my local FA and they said it’s a brand new course and they are hopeful it’ll be in March! Fingers crossed it is!

from what I’ve seen there is a shortage in refs so I know a lot will be keen to get started!

snap_RL

My understanding is that a new look course with an online element and less of a requirement for face-to-face (but still some), will be rolled out from April. I'm in the same boat as the OP - booked on, cancelled.... waiting....

ChasTutorObserver

Regular Contributor

Thanks!
The new-style course (initially Internet-based, plus meeting the requirements in respect of child protection, etc) then one evening and one full day in group learning sessions, starts in March/April. The FA and CFA's will be in touch with those already registered for courses, once the current restrictions are relaxed. Details of the new course are being finalised at the moment, together with update training for the tutors/referee developers, and they will be published once this phase is completed. Delays to the start date were inevitable with The FA and CFA's having staff furloughed or unwell.

OllyChanot

The new-style course (initially Internet-based, plus meeting the requirements in respect of child protection, etc) then one evening and one full day in group learning sessions, starts in March/April. The FA and CFA's will be in touch with those already registered for courses, once the current restrictions are relaxed. Details of the new course are being finalised at the moment, together with update training for the tutors/referee developers, and they will be published once this phase is completed. Delays to the start date were inevitable with The FA and CFA's having staff furloughed or unwell.

Thank you for that! I wish that info there was available on local FAs side but really appreciate that! Looking forward to it