A&H

New whistle

willt2004

Newref
Level 8 Referee
I have the fox 40 but want another if there is another Fox 40 In a pitch next to me.

What is a good option for another whistle?

Thanks

The Referee Store
If you are looking for a different sound the Acme Tornado has a very different pitch and will be different from a nearby field. The same is true for the Fox 40 pearl--but I've personally never liked the pearl.

TBH my Valkeen broke last week. It was about 2 degrees and I don't think I bit it.

Anyway, I have another one coming in the post. I would never go back!

Dolfin is another alternative. Brilliant for breaking up shoving matches and so on. Proper ear buster

Dolfin is another alternative. Brilliant for breaking up shoving matches and so on. Proper ear buster

I really like the dolfin, but in terms of pitch, it isn't much different from the fox 40, so doesn't do much to create a different sound from the next field over. The tornado and pearl mentioned above both sound significantly different from the standard fox 40

I really like the dolfin, but in terms of pitch, it isn't much different from the fox 40, so doesn't do much to create a different sound from the next field over. The tornado and pearl mentioned above both sound significantly different from the standard fox 40

I should’ve added I have the basketball version which can be shrill. It’s comparable to the Sonik Blast

Good range here with how loud they are. It doesn't say much about tone difference.

1570690115156.png

The football is F and the basketball B

According to the tiny print on the sides the F is 4.15 kHz & 3.67 kHz.

The B is 4.10 kHz and 3.74 kHz

Subtly different but distinctive

Attachments

• B6A65263-DDB5-4D73-AFB7-26CBBDBC0278.jpeg
    B6A65263-DDB5-4D73-AFB7-26CBBDBC0278.jpeg
    1,010.1 KB · Views: 10
£50 - really worth that much?
The Valkeen?

I probably did about 200 games with the one I just bit/broke... at 25p a game, easy yes for me. But YMMV.

If you are listening to other refs’ whistling and struggling with tone or agility, then it’s a good shout. If you are not, then save the money!

Back