A&H

New kid on the block

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Job Brian doesn't have to get up and sing... Maybe a bit of Craig David sang in a Wakey accent!!....
'Met this lass on Mundi, Tuk 'er forra ale on Tuesdi, Bit a 'ow's thi favver b'Wensdi, N on Thursdi, n Fridi, n Satdi, Carvery on Sundi"

I don't sing Wakey like. I get told by Cas that I'm from Leeds, by Leeds that I'm from Mancland and by Mancs that I'm a Scouse

Thought you were a Mick?

Is there a translator in the building!? :confused:

The Referee Store
Shucks.
Any more sanctimonious self- righteous provocation you feel like typing?

Sorry, since when was challenging racist behaviour 'sanctimonious' or 'self righteous'?

Substitute 'mick' for 'n*gger' and I wonder if you would be quite so quick to use it? Different sides of the same coin.

Born in the North, moved to Leeds aged 9, adopted the local accent for survival purposes, carry an Eire passport and can sing Amhrán na bhFiann

Some of my friends still regard a trip over the Pennines as missionary work ;)

My story is similar but I'm sworn to secrecy. ;) Oh, and I can't sing anything I can't pronounce. :D

Sorry, since when was challenging racist behaviour 'sanctimonious' or 'self righteous'?

Substitute 'mick' for 'n*gger' and I wonder if you would be quite so quick to use it? Different sides of the same coin.

Wonder all you like.
I'm sure if Brian found it offensive he'd have let me know.
Maybe Jock or Taff is racist too in Padfoot World but frankly, I haven't the mental energy to care. Perhaps extreme offendedness comes with boredom. .....
Goodnight..... :rolleyes:

Wonder all you like.
I'm sure if Brian found it offensive he'd have let me know.
Maybe Jock or Taff is racist too in Padfoot World but frankly, I haven't the mental energy to care. Perhaps extreme offendedness comes with boredom. .....
Goodnight..... :rolleyes:

Not just in 'Padfoot World'.....

Glad to see that you don't care if you racially abuse people....

:confused:

I honestly can't tell if you're being serious or not.

I've never heard of anyone being offended by the use of the words Mick, Taffy, or Jock. Of course, that's not to say people don't get offended by them.

I would not class these as derogatory words, and Kes clearly didn't use the word Mick in an abusive way.

Of course, it is about how something is perceived and not about how it is intended.

Born in the North, moved to Leeds aged 9, adopted the local accent for survival purposes, carry an Eire passport and can sing Amhrán na bhFiann

Some of my friends still regard a trip over the Pennines as missionary work ;)

I did see a funny meme on Faffbook recently....

The work TWERK:
1. A sexual dance performed by a shaking of the buttocks wile the remainder of the body is still
2. Where a Yorkshire Man goes 9-5, Monday to Friday

:D

I did see a funny meme on Faffbook recently....

The work TWERK:
1. A sexual dance performed by a shaking of the buttocks wile the remainder of the body is still
2. Where a Yorkshire Man goes 9-5, Monday to Friday

:D

"Tentintin!"

Response given by a Yorkshire man to his wife after being told by her that something he's looking for is "in the tin" when in fact it isn't. ;) :D

That is one of my favourite films of all time.

Got my nickname at primary school for what one teacher described as a "passing resemblance" to the lad in question. :rolleyes:

"...well look at your hands there absolutely filthy we'll end up with dirty books that way." "I don't read dirty books!!" "I should hope you don't read dirty books you're not old enough to read dirty books." :p

Always thought the film was more sad than funny but it was certainly a film of it's time. :)

why is the racism card thrown around so easily? I work with many black guys - and they all agree that it is only racist if it is used in an aggressive manner or used to cause offence ... did it offend BH? not that I can see ... so lets just all move on from it!

for the record ... I literally had no idea what a 'Mick' was ... ahhh google, my beautiful assistant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back