A&H

My game today

Well that's good to hear - like many others, I thought that your original post implied that you were in trouble for being involved in a non-sanctioned match!

The Referee Store
It was a 4G pitch clear day, the pitch was perfect to play on.

What happened was it was a one on one situation with the GK and attacker, the goal keeper dived on the floor to get the ball but the attacker chipped the ball over the keeper and as the follow threw they both collided, it wasn't the goal keepers intent to take the attacker out.

It was a sanctioned game and I have the proof it was, I am keeping it including the team sheets and match card just in case.

I have written a small report to my county FA regarding the incident. I have full backing from my county FA.

So the player is attempting to claim against you for an injury that occurred in a fully sanctioned match as a result of a collision that occurred during play?

How bizzare! My apologies on misunderstanding the original post, glad to hear the game was sanctioned.

Law 5 wouldn't mean a thing.
While there has been no successful case, to my knowledge,

It would not be a criminal case so there would not be a "prosecution" as it were, it would be a civil matter.

That being that it is based on balance of probability that an event happened. And that there must be three things:

1) Is there a duty of care that can be identified
2) Was there a breech of this duty of care
3) Was there dmage, loss or injury incurred as a result of a breech of an identified duty of care

If yes, yes and yes then there is a claim.

1) Yes the referee facilitated the game, and manages the game
2) to be decided but if someone thinks you did caused towards the event, then yes
3) he;s got a broken arm so,...... yes.

= Bonne chance mon amis!!

It would not be a criminal case so there would not be a "prosecution" as it were, it would be a civil matter.

That being that it is based on balance of probability that an event happened. And that there must be three things:

3) Was there dmage, loss or injury incurred as a result of a breech of an identified duty of care

2) to be decided but if someone thinks you did caused towards the event, then yes

You haven't made a convincing argument over point 2 - breech of care.

How can referee prevent a collision in the normal course of the game - of course there is no breech of care - case dismissed!

I'll pick you up on point two; there is no way that a breach of duty can arise from a challenge in this kind of situation. That is totally out of the control of the referee, IMO there is no way a duty of care can be breached in this way.

If it is sanctioned and you took care to protect the players you cannot be held responsible. Would have been a whole different ball game though if it was unsanctioned as effectively law 5 wouldn't be valid so you might face problems.

Even when sanctioned, referees can still be held responsible if their failed a duty of care to keep the players safe. Classic example would be if they allowed a player to wear jewellery and this caused an injury.

I'm no lawyer, but from what you describe I can't see how you could in anyway be held responsible for this.

We have a duty of care when it comes to certain things, the state of the pitch, goal posts etc and whether players are wearing suitable footwork or shin guards etc.

Unless the keeper told he was going to break the guys arm and you let him stay on the pitch the actions of players are, sadly, completely out of our control.

Also there is implied acceptance by the player by playing in an organised game of football in a regulated competition with rules that state it will be played in accordance with the Laws of the Game which offer protection to a match official, that he accepts Law 5.

I had loads of people try to run on the pitch and all the players coming to see what's going on. I threatened dismissals for club officials if they didn't get of the FOP I also ordered all the players to the other side of the field or I would be cautioning them. All I had there was the skipper and the medic so the injured player has space to breath whilst being treated. His safety was my first priority.

I had loads of people try to run on the pitch and all the players coming to see what's going on. I threatened dismissals for club officials if they didn't get of the FOP I also ordered all the players to the other side of the field or I would be cautioning them. All I had there was the skipper and the medic so the injured player has space to breath whilst being treated. His safety was my first priority.

Tell that to the judge. Scumbag.

*tongue firmly in cheek*

Also there is implied acceptance by the player by playing in an organised game of football in a regulated competition with rules that state it will be played in accordance with the Laws of the Game which offer protection to a match official, that he accepts Law 5.

As you would say: THIS.

This is entirely my point previously.

So, to clarify, in the OP you state the injured party 'will be making a claim'.

Against whom and on what grounds?

sorry I should have said earlier. It was an army game, we have what called army compensation scheme so he will be going for compo not to sue me.

Gotcha. That makes sense.

He's not calling you a scumbag. He just thinks he's DCI Burnside.

Was he in CSI: Warrington?

Watched the first episode of that. Linda was caught nicking some white lightening from the local Lidl. Wasn't what it was billed to be I must say :hmmm:

Was he in CSI: Warrington?

Watched the first episode of that. Linda was caught nicking some white lightening from the local Lidl. Wasn't what it was billed to be I must say :hmmm:

It got better after that.

In episode 2 Chantelle nicked some Lonsdale trainers from Sports Direct. They tracked her down after working out she had a limp from nicking one size 4 and one 10 1/2. :D

Back