A&H

My first open age middle!

The Referee Store
You're not there to be insulted or treated like an idiot. Leave the money on the floor and walk off and report the idiot.

Very difficult for you to do st such a young age but you will know for next time. Just because you have a black uniform on doesn't mean you have to accept being treated like that.

OK, here's my view on this. When the manager threw the money on the floor has he actually paid you? I would say no, as payment involves an exchange of money, the only exchange here was between the manager and the floor. If that was me I would have walked away leaving it on the floor, the manager can then either realise his mistake pick it up and actually hand it to you, or you go home without the payment, report the club, and you will be paid and the club fined.

Obviously you did pick it up so you can't report that you weren't paid. However, I would strongly suggest creating an extraordinary on WGS as that behaviour is not acceptable and the manager should be brought to task.

OK, here's my view on this. When the manager threw the money on the floor has he actually paid you? I would say no, as payment involves an exchange of money, the only exchange here was between the manager and the floor. If that was me I would have walked away leaving it on the floor, the manager can then either realise his mistake pick it up and actually hand it to you, or you go home without the payment, report the club, and you will be paid and the club fined.

Obviously you did pick it up so you can't report that you weren't paid. However, I would strongly suggest creating an extraordinary on WGS as that behaviour is not acceptable and the manager should be brought to task.
I did just that mate so hopefully they get punishment

Watch for the ones that try and over pay you too!!! Have some change ready in the car /bag if it’s a funny amount. Don’t get caught taking too much and leave yourself open to some unwelcome questions to explain!

The issue of being paid before-after has popped up a fair bit lately, the issue ive got with getting it pre match is where do you put it, you dont want to be running round with £20 coins in your pocket (i reliase its different if reffing one game as you can get it early enough and put in your bag)

Many youth leagues as i posted on other thread might be doing three games back to back with no time in between to get money get it back to changing rooms and get back to pitch.

The issue of being paid before-after has popped up a fair bit lately, the issue ive got with getting it pre match is where do you put it, you dont want to be running round with £20 coins in your pocket (i reliase its different if reffing one game as you can get it early enough and put in your bag)

Many youth leagues as i posted on other thread might be doing three games back to back with no time in between to get money get it back to changing rooms and get back to pitch.

I tend to have my trackie top, with zips and plastic coin bag, I tend to leave my trackie top/team lines/bottle water behind one of the goals/somewhere deemed safe.

I think leagues could maybe do more, each league has person in charge at the venue so could maybe they make teams come and pay their fee pre match and you collect at end from caretaker/person in charge.

While my local league pays in account, my state league and some other local leagues pay cash but the method resolved some of the issues above.
State league only uses venues which have a canteen. Canteens have the list of all fixtures on the ground for the day. Teams must pay the canteen their share of the fee before the game. They then get issued a receipt or a designated place on the team sheet gets stamped. Referees sight either the receipt or the stamp before kick of. After full time they go to the canteen for payment.

Back