A&H

Mr Moss. Again

A highly paid full time athlete/employee who gets expert psychologists to help deal with situations.
This is not the first time you have used paid and athlete as reasons for not being allowed to have a poor performance. It just doesn't work that way in the human world. NASA has lost satellites because of schoolboy errors from seasoned mathematicians. Multimilion dollar players have missed open goals from right in front. Sh!t happens.

The Referee Store
I cba to investigate but prob more like sending off Pogba would rule him out of the FA cup final or something.

Given that ...

(a) he refereed the cup final in 2015

and therefore ...

(b) he has zero chance of ever refereeing it again

You've made yourself look a bit silly with that comment. I completely agree that Noble should have been off, but not Pogba for me.

I don't follow... I think the point was valid. The match was played like a dead rubber apart from Pogba's stamp and the later mass con. If it's right that 2nd yellows or reds would mean suspension from the final, then I think it is highly likely that has been brought up before the game and may have affected JM's decisions around the mass con.

I cba to investigate but prob more like sending off Pogba would rule him out of the FA cup final or something.

Given that ...

(a) he refereed the cup final in 2015

and therefore ...

(b) he has zero chance of ever refereeing it again

You've made yourself look a bit silly with that comment. I completely agree that Noble should have been off, but not Pogba for me.[/QUOTE]

I meant Pogba, not Moss in the final.

Getting two fa cup finals by default rather than ability is stretching it a bit even for him

He won the ‘Best in ‘tucking his shirt in’ award in 2015 I heard! Good reason to give him a final I guess :cool:

Yeah, but he's still human.

As mentioned whatever level your at we all have the same human thoughts, he dished out cards like sweets last week, I would hazard a guess that his approach to tonight’s game was let’s keep this one under wraps.

That’s just my theory of course.

I'd be more willing to accept this line of thought if Moss hadn't continually made obvious mistakes throughout the entire season.

I'd be more willing to accept this line of thought if Moss hadn't continually made obvious mistakes throughout the entire season.

Well you know, humans can be inconsistent, whatever the level of sport they're at, from pro to the grassroots central-patrol zone referees.

But let's not kid ourselves, the 'play on the mind' point that was being made is going to happen at all levels of the game, even to the best of us. That's just human nature I think. :)

Well you know, humans can be inconsistent, whatever the level of sport they're at, from pro to the grassroots central-patrol zone referees.

But let's not kid ourselves, the 'play on the mind' point that was being made is going to happen at all levels of the game, even to the best of us. That's just human nature I think. :)

To stand two yards away and watch a player put hands round throat of an opponent then produce a yellow card is to fail in your duty as a referee.

To have the biggest brawl I have seen on tv at a premiership match this season and produce just two yellow cards ( the two he identified as starting it) is to fail every referee whose pre match entails " plus a further minimum of one from each team"

Pogba, leaving aside his other tackle in the first half, was surely cautioned for his tackle which sparked the brawl, which means he escaped scot free from a sanction for aaa, meaning only Noble was sanctioned in the whole brawl incident!

Smalling for me should have conceeded a pk for holding offence, sorry cant recall who the WHU player was, but he was then guilty of blatent dissent, arms and fingers pointing, the lot. Result? No action taken

A shambles of a performance and not the kind of display any grass roots referee can aspire to. A young new referee might have ambitions to be the next Clatenburg, Taylor or Oliver, I be stunned if anyone goes through the Stars in your Eyes door and proclaims...tonight Mathew am going to be Jon Moss

Least Alan Wiley and Phil Dowd could rely on outstanding managment skills to outweigh an unathletic pose.

Im not sure Pogba AA. He actually handled himself pretty calmly given noble charging at him like that and gouging his face. Maybe I am wrong here.
However, Both Carroll and Noble should have been dismissed; its possible Carroll actually attempted to strike opponent with head but could have been an attempt to release from Shaws grip, whom should also have been cautioned for AA.

Back