A&H

MOAS Appointment but not on MOAS

Fin

Level 6 Referee
Ive been appointed to an FA Challenge Vase game tomorrow as a replacement for another assistant and the email tells me to confirm the appointment on MOAS. However, when I go onto MOAS to confirm it, the fixture isnt there. How can I sort this out and get it confirmed?

A&H International
Hello Fin

Adam Absolon should be able to help as he is the appointments officer. Attached to your email should be a competition rules crib sheet, and his email address will be there to email.

Ive been appointed to an FA Challenge Vase game tomorrow as a replacement for another assistant and the email tells me to confirm the appointment on MOAS. However, when I go onto MOAS to confirm it, the fixture isnt there. How can I sort this out and get it confirmed?
Which game is it? All the games appear to be there(?)

It's possible that the moas hasn't been updated yet. You should get an alert when it is. I would still follow up with Adam though.

Which game is it? All the games appear to be there(?)
Leicester Nirvana vs Aylestone Park. Its on the FA Vase bit on the fulltime site however on my MOAS appointments page, it doesnt show.

Hello Fin

Adam Absolon should be able to help as he is the appointments officer. Attached to your email should be a competition rules crib sheet, and his email address will be there to email.
I dont have any competitions rules or anything attached to that confirmation email. Its literally just an email telling me the fixtures and to confirm on MOAS and thats it.

There are 3 officials on MOAS down for the game - Adam, Michael & Jordan and I’ve never heard of an occasion before that once this is the case, the appointment doesn’t appear on the Home appointment page for each official - but there could of course always be a first time.

There are 3 officials on MOAS down for the game - Adam, Michael & Jordan and I’ve never heard of an occasion before that once this is the case, the appointment doesn’t appear on the Home appointment page for each official - but there could of course always be a first time.
I dont know if im allowed to share the emails but Im more than happy to if I can as it says I replaced an official and was told to accept the appointment on MOAS. Im also confused about the appointment officers as an email I received when I got my first appointment a few weeks says its a man called Muchwezi Wilkins and an email for him so idk who I am meant to be emailing to clarify all of this.

I dont know if im allowed to share the emails but Im more than happy to if I can as it says I replaced an official and was told to accept the appointment on MOAS. Im also confused about the appointment officers as an email I received when I got my first appointment a few weeks says its a man called Muchwezi Wilkins and an email for him so idk who I am meant to be emailing to clarify all of this.
So are you Michael or Jordan - if you are, then you should try to email Adam Absolon as suggested by James. I believe his email address is: Adam.Absolon@thefa.com

So are you Michael or Jordan - if you are, then you should try to email Adam Absolon as suggested by James. I believe his email address is: Adam.Absolon@thefa.com
I'm guessing he's saying that he's neither and he has been appointed to replace Michael or Jordan but it isn't showing on his MOAS (presumably as MOAS hasn't been updated)

Either way, my advice would be to email CCing all of the following:
Adam.Absolon@thefa.com
Muchwezi.Wilkins@thefa.com
Facompreferee@thefa.com

Explaining the situation

I'm guessing he's saying that he's neither and he has been appointed to replace Michael or Jordan but it isn't showing on his MOAS (presumably as MOAS hasn't been updated)
That would explain everything though with the game being tomorrow if he needs clarification/confirmation he needs to act quickly with time on Friday afternoon ticking by.

So as it turns out, after emailing Adam about the issue, i was originally appointed to the fixture. However, whilst I was on a driving lesson and my phone switched off, he rang me to ask if I can do the fixture and after I didnt answer, he reappointed the fixture to someone else.
Its unfortunate but cant be helped i guess. Shame cause I was looking forward to that after seeing the email.

There was nothing you could have done apart from what you did following the advice you received from those on this web site.

Also, to consider this - although it’s only natural that you are disappointed you are no longer on the game, the very positive thing you can take from this is that the FA/Competition Appointments Officer is now aware from you contacting him that you are conscientious and that won’t be forgotten. Therefore, I would not be surprised if you are appointed in your own right to a game in the next round (so long as you have your date open) & not a replacement. Fingers crossed.

Also, to consider this - although after over 50 years in the game I too would be disappointed no longer being on the game, the very positive thing you can take from this is that the FA/Competition Appointments Officer now is aware from you contacting him that you are conscientious and that won’t be forgotten, so I would not be surprised if you are appointed in your own right to a game in the next round (so long as you have your date open) & not a replacement. Fingers crossed.
Thats true true, its a massive shame cause its my first season being appointed to FA fixtures and so I want to experience them and learn more from doing higher quality matches. So if him knowing me and my name helps, maybe its not so bad that I missed out on this fixture if it means I get more games in the future. if that makes sense

Thats true true, its a massive shame cause its my first season being appointed to FA fixtures and so I want to experience them and learn more from doing higher quality matches. So if him knowing me and my name helps, maybe its not so bad that I missed out on this fixture if it means I get more games in the future. if that makes sense
It makes perfect sense.

Everyone on this site would have had setbacks - some many and some not so many. It’s how people deal with them is often the secret to success - take it to heart and get down by it, or to dust yourself down, to turn a negative into a positive (in this case making you resilient/stronger) & to always do with dignity.

I'm a bit confused though, anyone nominated by their CFA for FA appointments should automatically be set up on MOAS. And they wouldn't take you off a game off the back of just one missed call. I'm not even sure how they would appoint you if you aren't on MOAS.

Sounds to me like you were appointed on MOAS and for whatever reason didn't get the email. Perhaps you haven't confirmed your email address, or it went to junk, or an IT gremlin (not uncommon with FA IT systems) has kicked in. But you need to contact your RDO otherwise the next FA appointment will likely go the same route.

I'm a bit confused though, anyone nominated by their CFA for FA appointments should automatically be set up on MOAS. And they wouldn't take you off a game off the back of just one missed call. I'm not even sure how they would appoint you if you aren't on MOAS.

Sounds to me like you were appointed on MOAS and for whatever reason didn't get the email. Perhaps you haven't confirmed your email address, or it went to junk, or an IT gremlin (not uncommon with FA IT systems) has kicked in. But you need to contact your RDO otherwise the next FA appointment will likely go the same route.
He’s saying he has moas but that the game wasn’t on his moas (I think)
My guess is someone came off a game today, they appointed him and realised they should probably phone him as it’s a last minute one, he missed the call so they appointed someone else.
Nobodies fault, just one of them things.

My guess is someone came off a game today, they appointed him and realised they should probably phone him as it’s a last minute one, he missed the call so they appointed someone else.
I think that’s probably very near the mark - that was my general gist of what had happened. Usually when taken off a game an email usually follows saying you are no longer appointed to x, which it appears clear he didn’t receive, but because he hadn’t been able to confirm the fixture before he was removed then perhaps in this situation the email doesn’t automatically get sent.

That makes sense.

That said, unless it has changed since my day, they normally phone when it is short notice before actually making the appointment. I remember getting a call from Chris Wildey on a Friday night asking if I could go to Eastleigh on Saturday afternoon. I told him I was at Edinburgh station ready to get the sleeper train at 11pm, he said he would use me as a last resort but would try others first (my date was closed, they were desperate).

Back