A&H

MNC vs CHE red card Greenwood

• Thread starter Deleted member 2447
  • Start date
I've nothing wrong with the approach per se, however a standardised set of examples of acceptable/unacceptable movements or expectations, or times would be good...it all feels ad hoc and penalising this is dependant on how the ref feels at any given time..
I suspect it would be another set of laws/guidelines that would get ignored/stretched. The good book states a keeper is not allowed to hold the ball for more than 6 seconds and yet despite keepers tendancy of falling theatrically and laying with the ball with it in their arms for 10 seconds, then walking around the penalty area with ball in hand for another 20 seconds, there's no hint of a hurry up. If the laws said 30 seconds was allowed, keepers would probably take 60!

The Referee Store
Surprised it's taken this long for someone to mention it.

Pundits and social media are loosing their minds over this, with the majority ripping into the referee and yet none of them seemed to have stopped and asked the question why is she taking 26 seconds to take a free kick in her own half? Brought it on herself especially when she stopped and stepped back from a half hearted run to then play the ball short.

Absolutely zero sympathy. What we need now is a men's Premier League referee to have the balls to do the same and the message might finally start getting through, but I doubt it as the clampdown on timewasting still appears to be inconsistently and selectively applied.
I’m the opposite opinion here I’m forever telling players to hold particularly in womens game also context why would she be killing the clock so early let’s not jump on pundits here as I think there probably correct.

I’m the opposite opinion here I’m forever telling players to hold particularly in womens game also context why would she be killing the clock so early let’s not jump on pundits here as I think there probably correct.
What do you mean by telling them to hold?

She doesn’t need to be killing the clock. The offence is delaying the restart. Whilst it isn’t set in law, 26 seconds is beyond a joke

The referee, Emily Heaslip, is a former professional player who played in the women's Championship and the WSL!
Kind of puts that argument to bed 😂
Not accusing you of lying but I can’t find this anyway (found a site that said “former player” but no mention of the level. Do you have a link to anything to back this? Only cos I’d like to mention it if it’s true. Cheers

Not accusing you of lying but I can’t find this anyway (found a site that said “former player” but no mention of the level. Do you have a link to anything to back this? Only cos I’d like to mention it if it’s true. Cheers
I imagine it's lost to the history of the women's game. Lots of my old coaches played for Southampton and others but there's no digital record

We had the privilege of Emily appearing as a guest speaker during one of our CPD sessions last season and she mentioned that she'd played professionally for Watford I believe.

Daily Mirror clickbait:

"The referee at the centre of some controversial decisions during Chelsea's 1-1 draw at Manchester City in the WSL won't take charge of a top-flight game this weekend."

No she will be officiating Billericay Town v Sheppey United in the (men's) FA Cup 4th QR

I have just watched this clip uninterpreted on the portal with comms. The officials within the women's game seem to recognise danger early but then consistently fail to adequately manage it. The officials can be heard discussing the tactical changes following the award of the freekick and there is minimal proactive management of the players following this. They are aware the taker is on a caution but only communicate this once the whistle is blown. I am unsure if the referee is aware of the first caution upon blowing the whistle.

We received directives that cautioning for C4 should not add significantly to the restart. The player wastes 26 seconds, the officials cost almost 2 minutes. This does not excuse the blatant and intentional delaying, however it appears a second yellow was not the desired or expected outcome ....

She does blow her whistle at 54:14 (13 seconds after blowing for the foul at 54:01) and it's another 15 seconds before she blows again for the caution.
FWIW I would like to see a very public no more.... then she would have set up the second yellow.

The 38th minute is a bit early for considering time wasting, don’t go looking for trouble, the game was being played at a low tempo at this point.

Note just two minutes earlier, Chelsea took 28 seconds to restart with an attacking throw in from the ball going out (ball had to be collected/returned) but Chelsea were in no hurry themselves.

At 51:06 ball kicked in to the stands 51:34, 28 seconds until the throw in was taken.

Back