A&H

Manchester United vs AFC Bournemouth - off

The Referee Store
F@@king utd. Training device? You're as inept as your first team on the pitch. :rolleyes:

You would imagine things like this would be treated as securely as the real thing by companies that have genuine use for them. Signed in and out, people don't leave until they're all accounted for etc.

I remember at school we had a replica gun for some theatre show we were doing that didn't shoot even blanks.

Fck me it was easier to get a real gun and get it into school than get hold of that thing when we needed it. :D

What a mess, someone definitely collecting a P45 tomorrow I think. How much has that blunder cost?
United have agreed to pay full refund to all ticket holders for the game as well as allowing free entry for the re-arranged fixture...total cost is apparently £3m!

Somebody's getting sacked in the morning.....:oops:

Doubt it, mistakes happen, and actually tracking it down to the person who left the device behind will be difficult, if not impossible. This will just be a case where "lessons are learnt".

Still, at least it was found, and the stadium was successfully evacuated and the device dealt with safely.

I would rather see 200 false alarms that see matches abandoned/postponed than one viable device missed.

There is an old quote by someone from the IRA which is very apt. I can't remember it word for word but essentially the terrorists only have to get lucky once, the security forces have to get lucky every single time.

Further to my previous post.

Obviously it's regrettable that some one dropped such a clanger, and I would hope someone was having an interview without coffee this morning.

But, as the security threat level was raised last week due to the increase in the amount of attacks carried out by the IRA et al, just remember they haven't gone away. And I suspect we will be seeing more of this type of thing in the future, though hopefully not because someone didn't account for training devices.

Doubt it, mistakes happen, and actually tracking it down to the person who left the device behind will be difficult, if not impossible. This will just be a case where "lessons are learnt".

Still, at least it was found, and the stadium was successfully evacuated and the device dealt with safely.

I would rather see 200 false alarms that see matches abandoned/postponed than one viable device missed.

There is an old quote by someone from the IRA which is very apt. I can't remember it word for word but essentially the terrorists only have to get lucky once, the security forces have to get lucky every single time.
Having worked in security for a couple of years there is a strong possibility that a claim will be lodged against the security company and because that kind of loss is probably equivalent to 10 years profit for a lot of security companies, a lot of people will lose their jobs

Having worked in security for a couple of years there is a strong possibility that a claim will be lodged against the security company and because that kind of loss is probably equivalent to 10 years profit for a lot of security companies, a lot of people will lose their jobs

Which is why companies like this will pay through the nose for insurance.

However, yes if a claim were filed against them it could have repercussions for the entire company.

In terms of trying to place the blame with a particular person or people, that could be more difficult, depending on what sort of paper trail they have linked to the device in question.

I think it is poor practise that they have devices like this, but didn't account for them well enough to realise that one was missing.

Doubt it, mistakes happen, and actually tracking it down to the person who left the device behind will be difficult, if not impossible. T

Seemingly the contractor responsible signed a form saying that he had removed all devices and then lodged this with Old Trafford security. So unless he forged his signature I don't think they need to call in the FBI to track him down ..!

Maybe they could use the dogs he trained to find him? They'll clearly have been trained to a top standard!

all a massive set up my Manchester United ...

they now know what team they can play on Tuesday night ... rest all their big players for the cup final ... its a shambles ... they turn up late to 2 London fixtures, now this - they should have the book thrown at them!

god I hate United ...

Back