A&H

Manchester United vs AFC Bournemouth - off

The Referee Store
You say despite security measures on entry, but if it's anything like city it's nothing more than a cursory glance in a bag and a pat down.

It was a bag with a single manuscript in it marked "R. Giggs - ladies of my team mates and family who I have "known". A confessional"

Explosive stuff :)

Yes. Kind of regret my earlier post due to what seems to be a near miss rather than anything more frivolous.

I was there! Got to the turnstile and then turned away saying it was bein evacuated. Was quite scary tbh. :eek:

At least it's all turned out to be a hoax image.jpeg

Apparently the 'Suspect Package' was one of LVG's folders titled 'Attacking Flair and Pressing Football'. They new it was a hoax :D

Seriously though, there are a number of questions that need to be answered:

What type of device?
How was it discovered?
Where was it discovered?
Reports say it was 'not viable', is this because it was poorly made and had malfunctioned, or because it was a fake?
Who has taken responsibility?

Scary stuff. In some ways I'm surprised it hasn't happened before. Particularly at Old Trafford, The Emirates or Wembley.

Let's hope it doesn't become a common occurrence.

In saying it was credible but not viable I would take that to mean it looked very real but was actually fake. Does beg the question of how on earth they got it in though, and if someone can get a fake in that is extremely worrying as presumably they would get a real one in with the same ease.

In saying it was credible but not viable I would take that to mean it looked very real but was actually fake. Does beg the question of how on earth they got it in though, and if someone can get a fake in that is extremely worrying as presumably they would get a real one in with the same ease.
You'd be surprised what you could get in!!

The 'security checks' before the game are an utter waste of time.

No drinks are are aloud into the stadium but I've not been stopped once all season with a bottle of Coke in my pocket.

The big obvious bulge in my pocket that's a bag of sweets never gets checked or even noticed.

You get told to take off your jacket but when you don't nothing is done. I'm suprised there hasn't been anything like this at OT before.

Apparently the 'Suspect Package' was one of LVG's folders titled 'Attacking Flair and Pressing Football'. They new it was a hoax :D

Seriously though, there are a number of questions that need to be answered:

What type of device?
How was it discovered?
Where was it discovered?
Reports say it was 'not viable', is this because it was poorly made and had malfunctioned, or because it was a fake?
Who has taken responsibility?

Scary stuff. In some ways I'm surprised it hasn't happened before. Particularly at Old Trafford, The Emirates or Wembley.

Let's hope it doesn't become a common occurrence.
The device was a mobile phone connected by wired to a pipe in the toilets. It was discovered by somebody who works for the club before KO.

Game now to be played on Tuesday at 8pm. Expect long queues. Also reports of a second "device" which is typical of a terrorist attack. First device detonates, short time afterwards a second detonates in place where rescuers/survivors are assembled

You'd be surprised what you could get in!!

The 'security checks' before the game are an utter waste of time.

No drinks are are aloud into the stadium but I've not been stopped once all season with a bottle of Coke in my pocket.

The big obvious bulge in my pocket that's a bag of sweets never gets checked or even noticed.

You get told to take off your jacket but when you don't nothing is done. I'm suprised there hasn't been anything like this at OT before.

I'm surprised there hasn't been anything before.

It must be difficult though - imagine the size of the operation required to put 78,000 people through airport level security checks.

I am absolutely amazed this is the first incident like this in the uk. Hoax or not, the sheer number of people and potential publicity makes pl games an obvious target.

Sad days

Imagine being the guy from the company responsible who had to tell United...

'So you know how we came and did some training at Old Trafford this week using some dummy devices? Errr....well.....we may have left one behind....'

What a mess, someone definitely collecting a P45 tomorrow I think. How much has that blunder cost?

Back