A&H

Manchester United v Bournemouth

not out of control? I can only think me and you are watching a different clip. Any referee who issues only a caution for this does need to ask their class tutor for a refresher. Why not do it now? You must have a referee association manager or maybe a mentor, give them a call and say "hey, see that Bailly foul today, is that a red".
be more constructive doing that asking a face you know, than fighting a losing battle with an internet random. Prob not as much fun I concede but its important you get the correct result.

oh and you made no mention of, chances of playing, that kinda important thing which we are giving consideration to when we evaluate a tackle. the Ball. Total no chance of being anywhere near it. so ticking 3 of the 5 boxes you have drawn up, your sitting on the fence with 1 and refusing to accept 1, so, 3 out of 5. Decapitation be enough to warrant sfp for you?

Ha, I sometimes can be over dramatic so I'm not too upset. But a lot of rhetoric here

The Referee Store
A night at the Panto for me, Peter Pan, it’s a seasonal comedy about Wendy, a character living in Never Never Land.....

Can someone summarise the game for me??? 😂

Last edited:
A night at the Panto for me, Peter Pan, it’s a seasonal comedy about Wendy, a character living in Never Never Land.....

Can someone summarise the game for me??? 😂
I'll try......squad of overpaid players won't play for manager, manager gets replaced, new manager releases genie from a bottle who returns all their skills and they win their third on the trot......or similar....I'd have sacked the lot.....

Bailly could have seen two reds (i know thats not possible), both 100% nailed on red cards, cant see how anyone can really suggest otherwise.

Young is borderline red, could not have any complaints if its a red card at all and no issue with the ref going yellow on this one.

Bailly could have seen two reds (i know thats not possible), both 100% nailed on red cards, cant see how anyone can really suggest otherwise.

Young is borderline red, could not have any complaints if its a red card at all and no issue with the ref going yellow on this one.

can he still get a misconduct charge for the 1st one? ( I don't know the FA procedure for retrospective action).
Easy to say Utd strolled it, they did, but, if Bmth score the pk its 3-2 v 10 men, so, you never know....

can he still get a misconduct charge for the 1st one? ( I don't know the FA procedure for retrospective action).
Easy to say Utd strolled it, they did, but, if Bmth score the pk its 3-2 v 10 men, so, you never know....
Possibly. The criteria for retrospective action is. ...
  • firstly, for acts of violent conduct that occur secondarily to a challenge for the ball;
  • and secondly, in off-the-ball incidents where one or more match official did see the players coming together, but the match officials’ view was such that none of them had the opportunity to make a decision on an act of misconduct that took place within that coming together.

1546259437289.png

I just fail to see where the great danger is for the Bournmouth player here.
He gets wiped out. Nothing more. Only decison to make is was the wipe out forceful enough to warrant a RC.
It's not 2 footed, it's not "out of control" or "off the ground"

Of course lets omit the small matter of, the ball.
Even saying, he gets wiped out, and you need to give thought to whether that is a red or not is worrying
Its at speed
Its nowhere near the ball
No regard for opponets safety (I guess you can see his right boot clattering into the Bmouth ankle?)
Its out of control
The 2nd foot is about to also make contact, he actually does cement him with first the right then the left foot, therefore 1 and 1 makes, erm 2? Its factual that both Bailley boots connect, so, 2 footed.

reading the above, I had to go back and look at pause this on 16 secs and both feet are indeed airbourne
for case of doubt, 26 secs also shows both feet in air, out of control.

Last edited:
1546267104386.png

Oh yes the ball is nowhere to be seen :rolleyes:
A player has to be off the ground much closer to the point of contact, otherwise half of normal sliding tackles are SFP.
I've yet to see any replay showing anything appalling by Bailly's right foot other than him tripping his opponent.
"regards for opponents safety" is, again, an insanely generic "cover everything" term.
You have completely changed the definition of "2 footed" to fit your argument.

View attachment 2840

A player has to be off the ground much closer to the point of contact, otherwise half of normal sliding tackles are SFP.
I've yet to see any replay showing anything appalling by Bailly's right foot other than him tripping his opponent.
"regards for opponents safety" is, again, an insanely generic "cover everything" term.

As I alluded to yesterday, your coach/mentor/class tutor or a senior referee who attends your training area will be able to point you the right direction on this one.
It would be more rewarding for you and constructive to hear it from them

View attachment 2840

That image alone is enough. He's off the ground with his legs in front of the body and leaning back. You just cannot tackle like that any more and these days if you do you run a very high risk of seeing red.

View attachment 2840

Yes, half of all sliding tackles are dangerous as the tackler has no control......half the rest are so poor they get nowhere near the player or ball.....you can probably do the maths.....

Just seen the Ashely Young tackle. Dear me
Lee Mason, hang your head in shame
I really don't understand this. How can you reach SG1 with games like this under the belt? It beggars belief, fans and refs alike

OGS accepted it was a red without question. If the manager thinks that "He can't complain" then you must be on to a winner!!

Not that it's relevant what the manager thinks of course, but it's just an easy red all day long.

Young has got away with several of these challenges in recent months. His tackling technique is poor under modern LOTG reasoning and it's a matter of time before he gets an early bath.

One last thing. As Bailley was challenging for the ball in the penalty incident, I assume that there will be no retrospective action. His tackling technique is worse that Youngs. I've said since the first time I saw him (Manchester derby, his 2nd game) that whilst he is a phenomenal athlete, he is a million miles away from being a top centre half. Always our of position, Always off his feet and underneath the ball. He was bought on potential because of his physical attributes but he's not learnt much about defending in time in England, which is surprising under Mourinho

Back