A&H

Manchester United v Bournemouth

RobOda

RefChat Addict
Level 3 Referee
I feel like United are lucky today. Two potential red card offences:

One in the first half: Ashley Young, which looked nasty in real time, never mind replay. Two feet off the ground, really excessive. He only got a caution.

Second half: Bailly just studded an attacked in the chest with a high foot in the penalty area when clearing the ball. No foul given. Lucky boy.

The Referee Store
Young, amber !
Bailly, red, don't believe for one moment he meant it but oft.

and a moment later Bournmouth concede an offside goal !

ah well, justice !

apart from the non award of a pk !!

what a horrendous and ridiculous tackle. 4-1 up and at the half way line.

that's one of the worst tackles I seen for a long time.

ah well, justice !

I like the guy, but damn he's a walking red card with some of his challenges.

I like the guy, but damn he's a walking red card with some of his challenges.

1st one, red but accident, 2nd one, deserves as much punishment as its possible to give for a tackle. I shuddered watching it on the screen here
total career ender if the other guy's foot was planted. Horrible

ah well, justice !

Not even the worst tackle by that player of the 2nd half!!!!
I'd be livid if he shouldn't have already been sent off. Never SFP in a millions years.
And the Young one was nothing more than a cautuon either.

Not even the worst tackle by that player of the 2nd half!!!!
I'd be livid if he shouldn't have already been sent off. Never SFP in a millions years.
And the Young one was nothing more than a cautuon either.

the one Bailly has been sent off for? Its the very definition of SFP. Am all up for opinions and mine is not God but if that's not sfp for you or anyone else then you are incorrect and needing a refresher.

None of the ball, airbourne, scissors motion, at speed, no regard for opponents safety, there is nothing about it that is NOT Sfp !!
its all the requirements times 10 !

as per a pic does not tell a lot but even there its atrocious, wiping the man out 2 footed.

Attachments

• sf;p.jpg
    sf;p.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 21
I'd agree except I don't think he was airborne...

The opponent certainly was ! I had Ashley Youngs effort in my head when I typed airbourne but, he is not far off it, at so much speed and so much of control is not real.
I really suggest anybody not thinking that is a red card takes the clip to their own mentor or ref association manager and asks for their take on it.
I can say now their jaw will drop that you are even asking the question.

None of the ball, airbourne, scissors motion, at speed, no regard for opponents safety, there is nothing about it that is NOT Sfp !!
its all the requirements times 10 !

as per a pic does not tell a lot but even there its atrocious, wiping the man out 2 footed.

None of the ball and scissors motion are not Considerations for SFP. If I wanted to hurt you I wouldn't use scissors motion.
Airborne? Landed about 4 calendar months before making Contact with the player.
2 footed? Thought it was scissored?
Are you just playing SFP bingo?

Just seen the Bailly karate kick
Jeez...
Yet to see Young's contribution. Not sure i want to

None of the ball and scissors motion are not Considerations for SFP. If I wanted to hurt you I wouldn't use scissors motion.
I have a high threshold for RP and SFP, but it's ridiculous to argue that this didn't meet the criteria for a dismissal because it was a wild lunge which endangered the safety of an opponent,,, textbook

I have a high threshold for RP and SFP, but it's ridiculous to argue that this didn't meet the criteria for a dismissal because it was a wild lunge which endangered the safety of an opponent,,, textbook

In real time I thought he was in trouble because of the force of the tackle and can understand the decision. I consider it harsh with the benefit of a replay.
Reminds me of that Kompany RC agiainst Utd a few years back.
However to use word such as Airborne and 2 footed is a departure from reality.
As I Said he should have been sent off earlier so I'ts hardly unfair on Utd

Chances of playing the ball?
Speed of challenge?
endangering opponents safety?
in control/out of control
excessive force?

these are the criteria drummed into elite referees re SFP. Whatever your criteria is/are, if its different to those, someone needs to educate you before your next game. The LOTG no don't say no scissor tackles etc, they also don't say no kung fu kicks but then again we cant list everything which is acceptable or not. But listed above is the 5 considerations implanted in any senior referees head, certainly in the UK.

Chances of playing the ball?
Speed of challenge?
endangering opponents safety?
in control/out of control
excessive force?

these are the criteria drummed into elite referees re SFP. Whatever your criteria is/are, if its different to those, someone needs to educate you before your next game. The LOTG no don't say no scissor tackles etc, they also don't say no kung fu kicks but then again we cant list everything which is acceptable or not. But listed above is the 5 considerations implanted in any senior referees head, certainly in the UK.

You're changing your accusation a bit here IMO.

I will certainly concede speed of challenge and excessive force are considerations in this.
Not out of control for me.
I Consider "endangering the safety of an opponent" a really generic term.

But neither of these you mentioned first time. This is a heavy, mistimed tackle the likes of which will get a caution next week.

In real time I thought he was in trouble because of the force of the tackle and can understand the decision. I consider it harsh with the benefit of a replay.
Reminds me of that Kompany RC agiainst Utd a few years back.
However to use word such as Airborne and 2 footed is a departure from reality.
As I Said he should have been sent off earlier so I'ts hardly unfair on Utd
Except that the Chuck Norris impersonation should have been a PK, which is a huge missed KMI
Lee Mason had a good view, but i can only think that he'd turned his attention further up field. Extremely poor refereeing at any level
The only sympathy I'd have for Bailly, is that he sent his opponent a telegraph before setting out! You're right in that the plane landed well short of the runway, but the fuselage still careered out-of-control into the terminal

I will certainly concede speed of challenge and excessive force are considerations in this.

But neither of these you mentioned first time. This is a heavy, mistimed tackle the likes of which will get a caution next week.

not out of control? I can only think me and you are watching a different clip. Any referee who issues only a caution for this does need to ask their class tutor for a refresher. Why not do it now? You must have a referee association manager or maybe a mentor, give them a call and say "hey, see that Bailly foul today, is that a red".
be more constructive doing that asking a face you know, than fighting a losing battle with an internet random. Prob not as much fun I concede but its important you get the correct result.

oh and you made no mention of, chances of playing, that kinda important thing which we are giving consideration to when we evaluate a tackle. the Ball. Total no chance of being anywhere near it. so ticking 3 of the 5 boxes you have drawn up, your sitting on the fence with 1 and refusing to accept 1, so, 3 out of 5. Decapitation be enough to warrant sfp for you?

I see that you're a couple of promos ahead of me with a normal looking card count, so I'm sure this is just a 'red goggle' thing

Back