A&H

Manchester City v Everton

Caution for me
For what?

I'm wondering if some people only have 3 seconds of the clip rather than 4!

Even if Godfrey was "challenging for the ball", it's still SFP for endangering an opponent. When there are red cards flying around for a touch to the face, that VAR - even if they "checked" - didn't think either that or the below were worth a "public" "possible RC check" is frankly disturbing.

The Referee Store
I understand the rationale for what VAR is "supposed" to be - I just find it difficult to support a system where a seemingly deliberate kick to an opponents head isn't punished.

If this isn't seen as a VAR mistake then that's fine, but it's also a crystal-clear indication that VAR isn't designed properly.
Seemingly is the key word, you think it is a deliberate kick to the head, and I completely understand that view, I think there is enough doubt that he he was trying to get to the ball.

Seemingly is the key word, you think it is a deliberate kick to the head, and I completely understand that view, I think there is enough doubt that he he was trying to get to the ball.

Intent is irrelevant though, I think the surprising thing was Ederson didn't made much out of it and maybe if he did, the outcome could of been different.

Back