A&H

Managing Drop Ball

Its a fine line.....if i stand there straight laced going "you putting this back?", i have never had anyone say no or anything

The Referee Store
I did an U7 game last season, and (rightly or wrongly) suggested to a very young lad, that as the opposition team had possession of the ball when I stopped the game due to an injury to one of his players, he could (if he wanted to) not contest the drop ball allowing his opponent possession back. I merely put the thought into his mind. Now, whether that is right or wrong within the LOTG, I felt great pleasure watching him step aside and seeing and hearing both sets of supporters give the lad a huge round of applause. It actually help create a lovely friendly atmosphere and the game proceeded and ending in really good spirits with handshakes all round at the end.

I did an U7 game last season, and (rightly or wrongly) suggested to a very young lad, that as the opposition team had possession of the ball when I stopped the game due to an injury to one of his players, he could (if he wanted to) not contest the drop ball allowing his opponent possession back. I merely put the thought into his mind. Now, whether that is right or wrong within the LOTG, I felt great pleasure watching him step aside and seeing and hearing both sets of supporters give the lad a huge round of applause. It actually help create a lovely friendly atmosphere and the game proceeded and ending in really good spirits with handshakes all round at the end.
It is surely one of the best things about football.
A brief moment when everyone is united and respectful.
Since taking the whistle/flag I have a little tick - I always give a few slaps of the thigh instead of claps.

It is surely one of the best things about football.
A brief moment when everyone is united and respectful.
Since taking the whistle/flag I have a little tick - I always give a few slaps of the thigh instead of claps.

It's a beautiful feeling. And makes it all worth while in the end.

Back