A&H

Manager Interferes in Play

The Referee Store
It definitely is specifically listed, as JamesL had already pointed out ...

Sending-off offences include (but are not limited to):

• entering the field of play to:

• confront a match official (including at half-time and full-time)
• interfere with play, an opposing player or a match official
Ah OK... well I did say I was going off memory without checking. Strange how it's a red for a TO but presumably be two cautions for a Sub
But then again, no surprise to find such inconsistency. I stand corrected. Blissfully & brazenly unaware of that gap in knowledge!
Back to Ref School, tail between legs 🐈

Last edited:
Ah OK... well I did say I was going off memory without checking. Strange how it's a red for a TO but presumably be two cautions for a Sub
But then again, no surprise to find such inconsistency. I stand corrected. Blissfully & brazenly unaware of that gap in knowledge!
Back to Ref School, tail between legs 🐈
There are a number of 'inconsistencies' or more accurately, differences, between the sanctions for non playing personnel (ie subs & subbed players) and team officials. The most important (because it's the most likely) is that delaying the restart for the opposition is a yellow for subs and a red for team officials.

I'd hypothesise that this overall difference is because either a) team officials are held to a higher standard of behaviour than those competing and/or subs are more likely to be allowably outside the technical area (when warming up) and delaying the restart in that situation feels more like an 'on the pitch' offence.

Curious to see the follow up. IMO, the completion authority should make the game a forfeit and add an additional points penalty, as well as an extended ban.

Curious to see the follow up. IMO, the completion authority should make the game a forfeit and add an additional points penalty, as well as an extended ban.

as stated in prev posts, we have the punishmenf for this offence in the lotg, it was dealt with correctly at the time ( a red card), so imo does not qualify for a forfeit any more than a deliberate handball on the line.
ditto points

extended ban, in the hands of league.

Back