A&H

Man Utd vs West Ham - rooney

SM

The avuncular one
The ref Mike Jones let down every referee in the country when after incorrectly awarding a fk against Rooney (it happens, player conned him, no real fault there), he then correctly cautioned the caveman for dissent for his reaction. Sadly, he then did sweet fa when the camera caught Rooney screaming further fruity language and abuse at him, Rooney then carried on arguing with him as he ran past and then for a further 30-40 seconds while the ball is in play. Mike Jones ignored it, the cameras and Commentators did not and showed and commented on it.

Then at the next break in play, rooneys in there again. Sheesh.

Grow some balls Mike.

The Referee Store
Just watched it thinking the same.
Got to be a second yellow.
At least Roon got a kick in the face and a bloody nose a few minutes later (not that I condone... etc etc)

(ABU come on the Hammers)

Reactions: SM
Beach ball Jones failing to correctly apply the laws? I don't believe you...next thing you're going to tell me is that water is wet!!

The referees cannot afford to upset the great gods of football

NIKE and ADIDAS

Remember who runs football in England.

Was just saying to a work colleague I would have walked Rooney given his behaviour but then again having seen the free awarded against him I can understand his frustration! Maureen the new Fergie refs frightened he might criticise them! Although, Jones was awful all night!

As a staunch United fan Rooney did no wrong, he was very politely telling Mr Jones that his opinion of the incident differed slightly.

Taking the red tinted glasses off i think Jones could have done every referee in the Country a favour last night by issuing a second yellow.

I also think the FA should be looking at Adrian's challenge on Zlatan, the ref could not have seen it but when you see the replay it looks as if he has purposely gone to do him when he know the ball is going in. Naughty challenge that!!

As a staunch United fan Rooney did no wrong, he was very politely telling Mr Jones that his opinion of the incident differed slightly.

Taking the red tinted glasses off i think Jones could have done every referee in the Country a favour last night by issuing a second yellow.

I also think the FA should be looking at Adrian's challenge on Zlatan, the ref could not have seen it but when you see the replay it looks as if he has purposely gone to do him when he know the ball is going in. Naughty challenge that!!
Rooney, couldn't offer an opinion he doesn't have the intellect!

The ref Mike Jones let down every referee in the country when after incorrectly awarding a fk against Rooney (it happens, player conned him, no real fault there), he then correctly cautioned the caveman for dissent for his reaction. Sadly, he then did sweet fa when the camera caught Rooney screaming further fruity language and abuse at him, Rooney then carried on arguing with him as he ran past and then for a further 30-40 seconds while the ball is in play. Mike Jones ignored it, the cameras and Commentators did not and showed and commented on it.

Then at the next break in play, rooneys in there again. Sheesh.

Grow some balls Mike.
Yet at grassroots level -we would be heavily criticised if we were spoken to like that and not dealt with it appropriately.. Insulting or abusive towards a Match official = red Card.

Was talking about this with a couple of colleagues yesterday, they couldn't believe it when I said I'd have sent him off. He has every right to say what he wants because the decision was wrong, apparently! :wall:

This isn't just Mike Jones though; Rooney has been at it his whole career and not once has a referee had the guts to do anything about it.

Was talking about this with a couple of colleagues yesterday, they couldn't believe it when I said I'd have sent him off. He has every right to say what he wants because the decision was wrong, apparently! :wall:

This isn't just Mike Jones though; Rooney has been at it his whole career and not once has a referee had the guts to do anything about it.

Funny you should say that as i also discussed this with a colleague last night and the first thing he said was, yeah but Rooney was right it wasn't a foul. At what point does that condone Rooney's actions?

Funny you should say that as i also discussed this with a colleague last night and the first thing he said was, yeah but Rooney was right it wasn't a foul. At what point does that condone Rooney's actions?
I assume your colleague wasn't a referee and if he was...I hope you corrected him! :facepalm:

We are sort of trying and convicting PL refs with half the story. Regardless of the press release at the start of the year we don't know what the PL & PGMOL have told referees. There is a conflict between the success of the PL and the way it is officiated. PL is built on the best players playing competitive football. If Rooney and his buddies missed 3 games every month the pull and lure of the product will wane. These guys aren't smart enough to learn not to eff and blind- they all know diving in studs up is likely to end up with a few Saturday afternoons shopping with the wife , but they still do it.

We have to keep doing what we do and almost ignore what goes on in pro football. There are lots of other things we don't use/do so this is really no different.

Says it all that the FA @ PGMOL felt it necessary to issue a directive for their own law!

Paul, but the players we ref look and see the actions of this idiot and on a Saturday it makes our job harder cos Rooney gets away with it. Until someone like Maureen bins him for a week nothing will happen...but that's not likely to happen because Maureen is bringing in the same philosophy he had at Chelsea whinge, moan and bxtch at the referee that way it takes away from any failings you have.

We should be talking about how Utd actually produced a performance (their first this season) instead we are talking about an oaf abusing a colleague. There is no justification for his behaviour and Mike Jones if he had any morals/principles as should the PGMOL be telling clubs this isn't on, I would point out that commentators should also be pointing out that the behaviour is unacceptable! :redcard:

I agree, players are walked in games I ref for that level of abuse.
As I see it the law makers have lost the opportunity they gave themselves to stamp down on it, I believe that there is a conflict between how the laws are applied at the top level and those running a very successful business where success is partly measured by the 'stars' the league attracts. Send off the stars thus highlighting their antics and vulgarities and there is a risk the brand is tarnished.

Sending them off would make our lives easier on a Saturday, but I really think this is a battle from the bottom upwards rather than the other way round. We have been left in the trenches!

Back