A&H

Man City vs Chelsea

The Referee Store
This is creeping towards being a fan discussion rather than having anything to do with Man City vs Chelsea, and as per the pinned post that is against the rules.

That decision effectively decided the league title.
Not sure I agree with you there. When a team leads by more than 23 points and only 8 rounds left, no one decision (or two or three over the season) decide the league title.

Not sure I agree with you there. When a team leads by more than 23 points and only 8 rounds left, no one decision (or two or three over the season) decide the league title.
You're right of course, "decided" isn't quite the right word. "Confirmed" might have been better. Either way, I think the point stands - this was an incredibly high profile decision and I don't really see the fuss over them taking a few extra secodns to try and eliminate any doubt or problems that might have been spotted later.

Not even I would think it "decided the title". One might still wonder how things might have panned out if City had been 1-0 up at Anfield after 6 minutes rather than 1-0 down. Ball to hand my arse!

We wouldn't have been trying to set fire to famous buildings in the city!
We discussed this at length in the match thread that say and I still believe the officials made the right call. It either should have been a FK to Liverpool in their own box or the goal should count. Bernardo Silva's handball negates Trent's IMO and play could continue as there just is no way City get a PK when their own player uses their hand in the attack. Awful article by the way, the author clearly doesn't know the laws of the game

Reactions: one
Back