A&H

Man City Banned!!!

I remember that too, I was there!

Football is always changing. Teams go through natural peaks and troughs and while our peak has been more man made than others, other teams simply won't be able to do anything like it again.

Ffp prevents competition rather than enhancing it imo.

The Referee Store
I remember that too, I was there!

Football is always changing. Teams go through natural peaks and troughs and while our peak has been more man made than others, other teams simply won't be able to do anything like it again.

Ffp prevents competition rather than enhancing it imo.
35510159-9534-42E4-9D32-045C8EB3E5EA.jpeg
Bad news when you've washed £1.5 billion down the s***er

Oh dear, how sad, never mind.

Hopefully any points deduction will kick in next season, and we can see how good City really are if they start behind the rest of the league.

PSG will be next. Mutterings about them have been going on for a long time too.

CAS is the highest sport court so I’d also be surprised if once their decision was made if there were any other legal routes available. I’m also going to make a slightly controversial statement and say I think the ban is lenient on UEFAs behalf. And I say that with CAS in mind after Chelsea’s tough transfer embargo was halved by them on appeal. They probably wanted to be tougher but restricting it to 2 years reduces the likelihood of a cut by CAS.

I wouldn’t be surprised if something happened to FFP after this as was suggested by someone else.
After CAS, appeals make their way through the Swiss legal system, I believe.

Yes and if cas rule against us it'll go to the courts!
The CAS is the highest court of arbitration for all international disputes involving football clubs, associations and confederations that come under FIFA. Even though Its rulings can in theory be appealed to the Federal Supreme Court of Switzerland, this is extremely rare and in its nearly 40-year history, as far as I'm aware, only one decision by the CAS has ever been overturned on its merits. I think City's only hope is that the CAS reduces the UEFA ban. Once the CAS has ruled, there's very little chance of reversal.

After CAS, appeals make their way through the Swiss legal system, I believe.
Theoretically, but this almost never happens. Normally, part of presenting your case to the CAS is a stipulation that you accept their arbitration as legally binding so the FSCS usually only upholds appeals if there's been a procedural error.

Last edited:
My hope is CAS says the ban is too short, makes it five years.

Then the PL says they failed their FFP commitments and catapults them to the Conference North with a -35 point tally to overcome, which is reduced to -10 on that appeal.

Pep leaves, they have a fire-sale, the owners pack up and sod off and Manchester is red once more. 😍

It’s really refreshing to see both Manchester clubs out of the Champions League for a while. You should’nt be able to buy the league at any cost!

Someone at F365 has put 2 and 2 together and worked out that City could be stripped of the 2014 prem title... which they won by 2 points over Liverpool.

Could 2020 be the year Liverpool win 2 Premier League titles?

Might Steven Gerrard be about to lift his long-awaited league triumph?

Stranger things have happened at sea...

The City players visited the Children Hospital yesterday in Manchester. The looks on their faces filled us with real hope, some were in desperate strife, it brought a tear to our eyes....

said Billy aged 8.5 ❤️

Steven Gerrard, who finished second with Liverpool to City in 2014 after his infamous slip, said of the Premier League investigation: “I’m really, really interested in it ... for obvious reasons. It’s all ifs and buts. It is what it is. Manchester City were champions. As I sit here right now, congratulations to them.”

And Jose...
"I have to ask if the team who finished second in 2018 [United] are going to be champions, yes or no? That would be interesting but, joking apart, I just wait calmly..."

Wow - imagine the revisionism.

Steven Gerrard, who finished second with Liverpool to City in 2014 after his infamous slip, said of the Premier League investigation: “I’m really, really interested in it ... for obvious reasons. It’s all ifs and buts. It is what it is. Manchester City were champions. As I sit here right now, congratulations to them.”

And Jose...
"I have to ask if the team who finished second in 2018 [United] are going to be champions, yes or no? That would be interesting but, joking apart, I just wait calmly..."

Wow - imagine the revisionism.
Would all the City fans just go back to being Chelsea fans? Seriously though something hasn’t smelt right in a long time at the top of English and French football and maybe the seagulls are circling!

Back