A&H

Livingstone vs hearts horror Kung fu kick

The Referee Store
MAIN-Sam-Nicholson.jpg

Apologies for taking up the whole screen there :confused:
I was at the game on the opposite side to the camera. Worst tackle I've seen at a game and I feared for Jason Talbot's safety when only a yellow was shown. The Hearts fans were incensed.

Edit: Just realised the card isn't included in the clip. The kicker got a yellow for that.

Last edited:
Interesting. Because he more or less missed the ball it ends up hugely dangerous and therefore should have been red (IMO). But I can well imagine, if he'd met the ball square on then all would have been well and they'd have played on without incident ....

To be fair, it's on the blind side of the referee and there's a player that runs just in front of him as the challenge comes in so he may not have a clear view.

Interesting. Because he more or less missed the ball it ends up hugely dangerous and therefore should have been red (IMO). But I can well imagine, if he'd met the ball square on then all would have been well and they'd have played on without incident ....

There's no possible way the ball could have been hit there. Ball was at the player's feet.
The other player wasn't between the ref and the incident, and I can't imagine how the ref didn't see this.
There's a bad tackle, then there's criminal assault. This is the latter.
The whistle use was terrible as well - his whistle said 'it's 50-50, but fine, I might give a foul for it'. It wasn't a 'yellow card' whistle. Referee didn't show that he took it seriously at all. Not to mention a horrendously wrong decision.

There's no possible way the ball could have been hit there. Ball was at the player's feet.
The other player wasn't between the ref and the incident, and I can't imagine how the ref didn't see this.
There's a bad tackle, then there's criminal assault. This is the latter.
The whistle use was terrible as well - his whistle said 'it's 50-50, but fine, I might give a foul for it'. It wasn't a 'yellow card' whistle. Referee didn't show that he took it seriously at all. Not to mention a horrendously wrong decision.
Well, except for the fact that the Livingstone player did get the ball and the ref simply cannot have seen the whole incident clearly hence his whistle and the yellow card. The easier decision there, given the reaction of the Hearts players, the crowd uproar and the time he had to think about it would have been a red card so I certainly don't think you can accuse the ref of bottling it.
A bad mistake caused by not seeing the incident clearly.

Bstrad - please watch your responses. I agree you were baited into your response but at the same time, you kind of asked for it with your infamous first post on the site :rolleyes: no warning points issued, just a polite request to tone it down. You too please @mikedn.

Let's all play nice lads.

;) The comment was not written to "bait" said Mr Bstard but in jest based on his first post, unfortunatley not taken in the humour intended.............

Last edited:
Reactions: SM
Back