A&H

Liverpool v Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Referee Store
Nope, think it's you missed my point.

Recklessness is not general Unsporting behaviour. It is Unsporting behaviour.
I gather we're on the same page then. It is a specific mandatory category, rather than a discretionary matter. It doesn't form part of an exhaustive list of USB

You also snuck the word 'launching' in there. You're overblowing the scenario to suit your case. It suggests you don't wish to take the exercise on in a genuine way because you are concerned it will undermine your position.

USB is an 'I'll know it when I see it' type of offence. We've discussed blatant holding on here many times. It's a concept to which Ryantheref is alluding. It's not unfamiliar and the pile on against what he has said has been unnecessary and, frankly, disingenuous.

Konate - not a yellow
Holding which is not SPA or reckless - possibly yellow depending on the circumstances
Fine, choose not to fixate on the word launching. You're still describing a tackle that is reckless. You've still failed to provide an alternative that doesn't tick either reckless or SPA yet still requires a card.

And my theory is that it won't be possible to do so, because the gap in the laws that you and Ryan are suggesting needs to be filled with LRG simply doesn't exist in reality.

"Blatant holding" is SPA 95% of the time and either what we in England call AAA or not cautionable the rest of the time. Again, not a gap in the law and doesn't need to have LRG twisted into shape to apply to it.

Last edited:
I'd remind you, perhaps cheekily, that AA doesn't form part of the LOTG and those who use it are just using a general form of USB.

Further, applying general USB doesn't require identifying a gap in the law. It requires the use of a discretion where the mandatory cautions are not otherwise enlivened. If you will, there is never a gap in the law because USB covers everything.

How about the type of holding which is more cynical than aggressive and where it is so blatant and so prolonged, you can hear the fibres of the shirt popping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back