A&H

Liverpool v Citee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picking a team to support here and be happy with the outcome is like a choice of sleeping with your sister in law or your mother in law! :redcard:

The Referee Store
Who are the Citee stalwarts blaming for this defensive debacle?
What's with the "Citee"?

I can't believe no-one's mentioned the premeditated intimidation, facilitated by Liverpool FC (barriers installed, a steward with a megaphone saying where the City coach was) and Merseyside Police. At a time when everyone's supposedly on high alert for terrorist attacks, how is this even remotely possible? 13 coach windows broken, a flare burning on the coach roof...

There was an organiser on radio the other day condoning the reception, not the missiles but everything else. Pathetic! Hope they get fined massively

Last edited:
What's with the "Citee"?

I can't believe no-one's mentioned the premeditated intimidation, facilitated by Liverpool FC (barriers installed, a steward with a megaphone saying where the City coach was) and Merseyside Police. At a time when everyone's supposedly on high alert for terrorist attacks, how is this even remotely possible? 13 coach windows broken, a flare burning on the coach roof...

Surely it is disgraceful and football should not tolerate or accept such behaviour. Rivalry, no matter how fierce, is no excuse for that! But mate, seriously as a ref I expected more from you; everytime something goes against city you come here with bizzare ludicrous ideas about conspiracy theories and how everyone has it in for city! To actually think that the police and the club officials will facilitate, let alone condone, such behaviour is beyond ridiculous!!!

1523173046491.png

"Klopp on the bus welcome

No clue what it does to opposition. For us it's wonderful, it's great, it shows everything. It shows the passion. As long as it happens in a legal way, I like it. I didn't organise it, I had nothing to do with that, but for the team – it's a welcome for my team – it's brilliant."

That was before Wednesday but it's no good Liverpool FC trying to pretend this is about welcoming the Liverpool team when it was always about intimidating the opposition. Milner (one of very few ex-City players not cheered on their return to the Etihad) posted a tweet after the event applauding the "welcome" for Liverpool as if he didn't know what had happened to the City coach. Scrotes attended just to attack the City coach, then went home to watch it on TV. Police changed the route - then announced the new route.

This is nothing to do with refereeing. It's about organised hooliganism condoned by the club and with Merseyside police unwilling to stop it. The scrotes were even standing on police vans. The City coach was hit by over 600 objects.

You'd think it a conspiracy if your refereeing team was welcomed to a match the same way.

As regards Klopp's comments, I suppose it all depends what kind of prism you're looking at this through. The way I read that, Klopp is referring to the way a welcome for his team is encouraging for them and as @bloovee himself mentioned, his comments came before the wholly unacceptable events on the day itself.

There's no indication that Klopp condones what actually happened - to the contrary, he has strenuously condemned the appalling behaviour of the Liverpool fans.

He’s hardly going to back what happened is he, they will get fined lots for this and that won’t be helped by the manager approving of the events!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back